TUGUMI 🌅 (Intermediate Book Club)

I will, once I have access to my laptop. I left mine on a friend’s boat yesterday, so it’ll be a few days before I can get it back.

I’ll start it then unless anyone else has already done so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can contribute with a bit from pages 3-5 as I listed words I didn’t know quite intensively while I was on a plane.

If life calms down a bit I could try starting one, but I only have 4 days before my next work trip and a 2 page to-do list :grimacing:

3 Likes

I started a vocab sheet! It’s here: つぐみ Vocab - Google Sheets

4 Likes

I know it’s a bit early for next week’s thread, but I will be out and about from tonight until Sunday, so I decided to post the new thread a bit earlier.

Also, a big Thank You to @kusuri who started a vocab list! :bowing_woman: I added links to all threads. Please use and/or contribute to the sheet if you like :blush:

4 Likes

I went to add a couple of things but my page numbers seem off - I have the physical hardback copy. Would you like me to add without the page numbers? Also, are you happy if I edit a little? (Eg for page 19, which is my page 17, 背すじをのばす seems to be a phrase).

In that case you can add another page number column (with an appropriate heading) and add your page numbers for when you add words.

1 Like

Of course! Please edit as much as you’d like! And thank you. :slight_smile:

Here is week 3:

2 Likes

On to week 4!

3 Likes

Welcome to week 5!

4 Likes

I’ve fallen behind, but I’m on my way to catching up!

6 Likes

Welcome to Week 6! After this week, we’ll be at the halfway mark of our book club :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to week 7!

2 Likes

Welcome to week 8!

2 Likes

Onward to Week 9!

1 Like

Are you ready for week 10? Here it is:

2 Likes

The penultimate week is here:

2 Likes

And here it is: The Final Week™ !!!

1 Like

Our last week is finally over, and it’s

Satisfaction Poll Time!

Have you read TUGUMI?

• I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started it

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate it on a 5 point scale? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)

• Unsure / Didn’t finish

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Participation Statistics

2 Likes

So I haven’t quite finished the book, but I just reached this sentence and I feel it kind of sums up the whole book.

私にとってこの夏は過去のなつかしいことのすべてを凝縮したエッセンスだったのだ。

6 Likes