Trying to get back into Studying

I am a university student. Last school year really prevented me from doing things that didn’t involve studying for classes, working, or sports commitments.

I’ve been on level 11 for almost a year (it will be a year come July). I am hopping to study abroad in Japan in two years. I want to be at an N2 level by the time I study abroad. I don’t know how reasonable that is. I’ve finished Genki 1, and I am about halfway through Genki 2. I try to meet once or twice a week with a Japanese tutor on Italki, and I text my Japanese friends regularly in Japanese.

However, I feel that I am not improving very much. And it is quite discouraging. :frowning:

I think remembering and using all of the grammar points is really difficult. Does anyone have any advice for getting back into the swing of things and remembering grammar?

1 Like

If you’re having a hard time finding reasons to use certain Grammar, Genki usually has that opening dialogue and you can write a description in your own words whats happening using the grammar points. I got this idea from the sequel series Quartet, as a lot of the questions have the student use the Who What Where When and Why questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.