Abstormal Cave ⛈️

I got my snek today!
Was suposed to be my 13th snake, but she escaped, so is 14th instead:p
In fact, she is still missing! XD
They gave me her sister instead, since all were same genes anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

So this is my Darwin Carpet Python (het albino and gravel)
Her name is Sylvie, and will be mated with Loki (formerly Starlord)

4 Likes

Pretty snake! Looks like they’re getting warmed up already.

2 Likes

Nice snake!

Although I’m a bit concerned. Missing at the breeder’s home or AWOL in your house??

3 Likes

This one. Toyger never got the snake bc the breeder lost it.

2 Likes

Missing in the breeders home, I never got her =P
She is missing in their reptile room, which is kept at the temperature she needs, and they can go without food and water for quite some time. Hopefully she will be just fine.
If she was missing in my home I’d presume her eaten by my cats :scream:

3 Likes

I did some changes to the reptile gear yesterday to make ready for the new snake, changed some of the components that control the heat.
Today one of my snakes overheated and passed away :pensive:
I’ve struggled with that terra before, where this snake got a bit red in summer. Since it is in the middle and has cages above, below and on both sides it just gets hotter. Everyone got too hot, but all the others did fine since it didn’t get as hot for them.
I’ve gone back to the old gear, have to figure out what went wrong with it.

The one I lost: Kara

Was bought as female. I probed it, since this is a process that can hurt them if done wrong I used the opportunity to practice probing. Turned out to be a boy. That explains a lot. He never grew right… (boy are much smaller)

7 Likes

I’m very sorry such an awful thing happened. Unfortunately, sometimes a combination of bad circumstances can lead to horrible results even when the person in charge is someone as skilled and caring and responsible as you.
It was not your fault. You are an exemplary pet owner and I wish all pet owners were like you.
I really hope that all the other members of your wonderful pet family would live long and happy lives with you!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Accidents do happen.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you get the setup issue figured out!

4 Likes

My condolences for your loss. I know how much you care about your animals, but even then some things are out of your hands. Accidents do happen. I hope you manage to fix the setup.

3 Likes

Halloween clothes for the doggos and neked kitty!
Made two each :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would not want to run into that crew in a dark alley!

I might get kissed to death. :slight_smile:

The clothes you made are great. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love the clothes. Great way of getting into the Halloween spirit! ^^ :jack_o_lantern: :skull: :ghost:

3 Likes

Oh, haven’t updated anything here in a while O_o
Went to a concert to see my favorite artist in November. Janove Ottesen, from Kaizers orchestra (now a solo artist)

It was a huge concert with 5000 people (I’ve been to several with only 200 and less with him :wink: He is big, just loves the intimate concerts as well as the big)
I managed to get front row, near the middle! (by being over 2 hours early. Didn’t think it would be enough! )
These were all taken by me

One of the many songs he sang was written just before the world collapsed (written in January 2020, before the lockdowns)
Very fittingly, it was all about the world going to heck, but we come out of the ruins as something better.
This concert was actually slotted to be in 2020! I bought these tickets in 2019 O_o

Last song he moved to center stage, so I am in the back (the photo with the lights)
and song my favorite:

3 Likes

Oh I’ve been bad at updating! I made lots of Christmas clothes for the dogos. Will have to go through photos, and probably even take some new ones ^^;

I’ve also taken up knitting for myself, not just the dogos!

Started on a poncho after Christmas, and got so hooked I did it all day every day untill it was done!
Since I am still a beginner it took me 2 full weeks =P
But I am very happy with it, and got to watch a good TV shows while knitting (Highly recommend Beforeigners! )

I am now working on a Virus Shawl, which is going so fast! Will be done in just days ! This is in crochet though, but I’ve never done this type, I’m only experienced in amigurumi.

Started late in the evening, this is how far I got first day:

Only worked in the evening again, this is day two:

Started a bit earlier, and lost track of time so worked til past 4 am XD
Day 3:

4 Likes

Photo dump! Some of the new clothes I made in November/December!
Have three more sets that I didn’t have photos of :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Toygerさん, こんにちわ!

ポンチョが好きです。
Toygerさんは良い能力を持っています。

I enjoy viewing your completed projects. (And also your uncompleted ones, ie. stacks of fabric)

I wanted to show you a photo of my dog in my favorite dog hoodie, because the placement of the sweatshirt pocket made me laugh.

6 Likes

That sweater looks very comfy! :heart:

3 Likes

Done! Day 4. where first two was just very few hours in the evening. So basically two days.

7 Likes

Eeeeeeegggss!!
My first ever snake eggs!!
From Amidala. She was paired with Leia, who is deffenitely Luke :person_facepalming:
6 good eggs and 2 sluggs
Will be exiting to see what happens in about 2 months

6 Likes