Toygers Corner 🐯

I got my snek today!
Was suposed to be my 13th snake, but she escaped, so is 14th instead:p
In fact, she is still missing! XD
They gave me her sister instead, since all were same genes anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

So this is my Darwin Carpet Python (het albino and gravel)
Her name is Sylvie, and will be mated with Loki (formerly Starlord)

4 Likes

Pretty snake! Looks like they’re getting warmed up already.

2 Likes

Nice snake!

Although I’m a bit concerned. Missing at the breeder’s home or AWOL in your house??

3 Likes

This one. Toyger never got the snake bc the breeder lost it.

2 Likes

Missing in the breeders home, I never got her =P
She is missing in their reptile room, which is kept at the temperature she needs, and they can go without food and water for quite some time. Hopefully she will be just fine.
If she was missing in my home I’d presume her eaten by my cats :scream:

3 Likes

I did some changes to the reptile gear yesterday to make ready for the new snake, changed some of the components that control the heat.
Today one of my snakes overheated and passed away :pensive:
I’ve struggled with that terra before, where this snake got a bit red in summer. Since it is in the middle and has cages above, below and on both sides it just gets hotter. Everyone got too hot, but all the others did fine since it didn’t get as hot for them.
I’ve gone back to the old gear, have to figure out what went wrong with it.

The one I lost: Kara

Was bought as female. I probed it, since this is a process that can hurt them if done wrong I used the opportunity to practice probing. Turned out to be a boy. That explains a lot. He never grew right… (boy are much smaller)

3 Likes

I’m very sorry such an awful thing happened. Unfortunately, sometimes a combination of bad circumstances can lead to horrible results even when the person in charge is someone as skilled and caring and responsible as you.
It was not your fault. You are an exemplary pet owner and I wish all pet owners were like you.
I really hope that all the other members of your wonderful pet family would live long and happy lives with you!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Accidents do happen.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you get the setup issue figured out!

3 Likes