Torii - SRS learning application for vocabulary

Thanks for the explanation. I am pretty sure that was it. :grinning:

Since I just got to it, should you remove 広がる from the WK path since WK added it a few weeks ago?

1 Like

Next thing I noticed: 心中 is listed as N1 and meaning “heart, mind” but JMdict says that word isn’t N1. 心中 has an alternate meaning of “double suicide, group suicide” that is N1 though. And considering these to be different words is no fluke with JMdict, as 研究社 新和英中辞典, according to Weblio, also has them as 2 separate words. So either the N1 tag or the definition needs to change.

Just wanted to drop by and say that I started using this tool yesterday and that I am very satisfied with being able to learn vocabulary in Wanikani style. I used Anki before to study Core 2000 words (and kanji decks…), so I recognize some of the material you put in here, but I prefer typing answers and other WK features. Also, it’s relatively easy to customize settings while not being too overwhelming. So, expect more donations in the future

4 Likes

Is it possible to get a feature added to sorry learned vocabulary by SRS level? I often want to add alternate meanings to words I recently learned from the dictionary, but going through the entire list is beguiling more and more unwieldly.

@Rakantor: On mobile, long notes get truncated and it is not possible to scroll down to read the rest of it. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your support!

Yeah, there’s going to be a major update in July or August that will, among other things, add a lot more sorting/filtering options to the ‘Browse’ section.

The text area has a tiny scrollbar on the right. It’s a bit hard to see… and to use… but it’s there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The examples for なるほど seem messed up, since they are all about chemistry, and don’t even contain なるほど in it

Yeah, most of the example sentences on Jisho seem to be なる+ほど rather than なるほど.

1 Like

I changed the example sentences. Please report any vocab item specific issues through the ‘Report a problem’ link, located below the Jisho/Tatoeba reference links. It’s easier for me to keep track of open/closed issues that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried installing this on my MacBook running Catalina. Every time I try to install the latest version of Java I get an XPC connection error.

Is Torii down for anyone else? It seems like I can’t reach the servers right now

Yeah the server was down for about 30 min today. I just checked the logs. It went back online a few minutes after your post. If this happens again anytime soon, it’s time for another server upgrade.

1 Like

I can’t open Torii anymore. I restarted my macbook and I also deleted Torii and installed it again but it didn’t help. Does anyone know what I can do?

Do you see an error message when you try to open the app, or does nothing happen at all? What version of macOS are you running? If the app created an error log (right-click on app > Show Package Contents > Contents > torii_errlog.txt), you can mail it to support@torii-srs.com so I can have a look at it.

How do I check the correct answer during a lesson if I get it wrong during the quiz?

There is a button to the left of the thumbs up button. Click that.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

It doesn’t open at all. I have the newest version Catalina 10.15.6

Try #3 from https://torii-srs.com/mac-help/. Also, make sure you put the app in the Applications folder after downloading.