[Userscript] WaniKani Kanji Review Vocabulary List

I’ve published an updated version of the script. I think updating it is as simple as clicking the button on the script install page.

I don’t have any fancy configuration menu, but there are now a couple of options in the code that can be modified.

In TamperMonkey, you can click on the TamperMonkey icon and open the Dashboard. From there, select “WaniKani Kanji Review Vocabulary List” to open the code. The configuration options are near the top of the code:

// Limit number of vocabulary words to be shown.  Must be an integer.
const MAX_VOCABULARY_TO_SHOW = 100
// Show locked vocabulary words.  Must be true or false.
const SHOW_LOCKED_VOCABULARY = true

These options address the following:

Update the script and change the following option to false:

const SHOW_LOCKED_VOCABULARY = false

That will hide that pesky wall of locked items. May you burn these kanji before you unlock all their vocabulary =D

(Sorry for taking so long to reply! I wanted to do a proper configuration menu, but I just haven’t made the time to learn how.)

Update the script and change the following option to 5 (or whatever your preferred max number of vocabulary words is):

const MAX_VOCABULARY_TO_SHOW = 5

I honestly can’t tell you which five it will show, but I assume it will be the first five vocabulary listed on WaniKani page for the kanji.

(If I do any future updates, user-specific configuration setting values will be lost, and will need to be manually set again.)

3 Likes