Tokyo Olympics 2021: WaniKani Edition (the real date, not the 2020 gun-jumpers)

Congrats!! This is no mean feat!

Just had the first fast level that was actually fast. Level up!

2 Likes

One more and this will be the endgame.

4 Likes

whoop!
smol reminder: there will be a neat pile of burns left to do…

1 Like

That’s the end game. :partying_face:

1 Like

I made it to level 29, just one more level before I finally leave the 20’s :grin:

2 Likes

Exciting :smiley:

1 Like

Et voilà, ma goutte d’eau a rejoint l’océan. やったぜ!
I could have joined the luminaries and be on date, that’s … unexpected.

6 Likes

Congrats!! You have scaled the mountain! Well done.

1 Like

Congratulations! Well done getting there, I had great fun following your journey and cheering you along!

Sorry I wasn’t here to celebrate with you right at the finish line. I’ve kind of left the community for now. I think it was taking up too much of my time scrolling the forums all day every day. I’m still plodding along, let my reviews pile up a bunch, slowly chipping them back down before proceeding with lessons. I probably won’t make my goal, but I’m not feeling stressed about that, so we’ll see how it goes.

Have fun burning all your turtles and watching your reviews decrease over the next couple months!

4 Likes

Level 49! Fast levels are starting to take their toll, I wonder if I will burn out during the reality levels.

3 Likes

Made it to level 30 :grin: Finally made it to the halfway point. Just 30 more to go until they’re all done :grin:

3 Likes

Whoo hoo! Congratulations!

2 Likes

what are fast levels?

The way wanikani works, you pass to the next level once you pass a certain percentage (I think it’s 90%?) of the kanji of that level. In some levels you’re presented with 90% or more of the kanji for that level in the ‘first batch’, i.e. before you’ve passed the radicals. Those levels can thus be passed in half the time.

2 Likes

Most levels in WK have you moving through 2 “stages”. When you level up, you unlock the radicals and some of the kanji for the next level, then after you get your radicals to Guru you unlock the final kanji, allowing you to level up when you’ve Gurud enough kanji.

There are however a few levels late into WK where you unlock enough kanji when you level up that you can immediately unlock enough kanji to pass the level without having to wait for the radicals to go to Guru. Those are called the fast levels since you can theoretically complete them in half the time.

2 Likes

Alright, level 51! The final realistic stretch.

2 Likes

When I set my goal it was one that seemed like an easy one. I’ve had some things come up and slowed way down with my leveling (which is fine and not a source of stress), and am deciding to slow down going forward. I had been going at a fast 7-8 day pace but I will be giving myself my room going forward in the 8-10 day range. I could in theory still hit my goal by the end of the year (that pace puts me at level 37-42 with my goal being 40) but will likely be slowing down again come the fall when I start classes as a doctorate student…I’ll continue to update here though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve finally committed enough atrocities against the crabigator to be promoted to hell. That means I’ve finally made it past halfway to the end. :grin:

4 Likes

Nonsense, the Crabigator congratulates you for your devotion. It’s only to see if your Crabigatorist devotion is undying

1 Like