Time spent doing flashcards?

I probably do something like 2 hours of flashcards every day. WK maybe 15 mins a day though.

I actually like to do the reviews and make new flashcards. The ones that I do are more appealing to me than WK or any other website… Nowdays it’s a mix between monolingual cards and listening practice… so having to read the definitions in japanese is also a constant reading practice, and overall keeps me interested in the language, as strangely enough dictionaries have very cool information.

Ideally this gets balanced with reading almost daily for an hour, so I can get new words to include in the SRS thingie… WK lost the spotlight (I am tacking all the vocab to my Anki routine), but still I consider is doing its part in putting kanjis into my routine as well… Actually these last months using WK just for kanji I’m enjoying WK more than ever :sweat_smile:

In the end I plan to be over with SRS apps once I’m reading more adult oriented material and my vocab feels in a secure place (10K-12K perhaps :man_shrugging: …) . Meanwhile I’ve been changing the routine as much as I can to make it appealing and using more and more japanese. Studying —> immersion been my target this days.

2 Likes