Time per level and Kanji/Vocab dependencies

I have and was unsure what the most updated estimate would be.
So thank you for the through response! :slight_smile:

Is this list exhaustive?

Thanks for the thorough response! I have no qualms with taking time on this, the purpose of the question was only to determine how I might include timings in the tool I have been developing. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Thanks!

Off topic, but I’ll point out that Leebo is one of those monsters that maintains if not the, close to the minimum level up time.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure there are no other levels that fit that “not enough radicals to stop you” style of short level.

Levels 1 and 2 are shorter than normal, but it’s because the intervals are shortened, not because of the balance of the items.

Thanks, do you know the interval for levels 1 and 2?

There is no way to do this via the API that I know of. The sample data on the API page doesn’t include any of the prerequisite data. I’ll just ping @rfindley here as he’s one of the WK scripting gurus and might know where to find that kind of data.

If you don’t mind doing it manually or writing your own script each of the pages for the kanji/vocab show prerequisite items. For example: https://www.wanikani.com/kanji/電

If you mess with scripting, ect. on your own However, I'd like to point out a vocab term will only display up to 4 kanji in it's composition during lessons. For example the term 留守番電話 ( https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/留守番電話 )has 5 kanji that show up on the item page, but during the lesson only 4 will be displayed. This is a known issue they're looking to address in the future.

Finally, the API is pretty easy to dig into, but the staff are looking into upgrading it so keep your eyes peeled on the API forum subsection if you want to mess with that.

@ccookf @VegasVed,
The only way to get the dependency data is via the individual item pages.

I’ve built a database with all of the info, though. I’ll ping you directly from a non-Googleable thread to give you my email address.

2 Likes

With a recent radical level move, I believe level 26 may be a short level as well.

You’re almost level 26. When you (or anyone else) get there, would you mind confirming if 26 is back to being short again, and post here? :slight_smile:

The three remaining radicals on that level only block one kanji each, so it should be short. But after I confirm I can post here or somewhere on the forums.

Thanks everyone for all your help! Thanks @rfindley for your assistance.

Posting here in case anyone stumbles across this thread and is wondering.

SRS Level Next Level Total Wait Review
Apprentice 1 4h - Lesson
Apprentice 2 8h 4h 1
Apprentice 3 1d 12h 2
Apprentice 4 2d 1d 12h 3
Guru 1 1w 3d 12h 4
Guru 2 2w 1w 3d 12h 5
Master 1M 3w 3d 12h 6
Enlighten 4M 1M 3w 3d 12h 7
Burned - 5M 3w 3d 12h 8

For simplicity we keep the chart this way. Subtract 1 hour off for any “next level” with a day.

6 Likes

Thanks for the table, but what does this mean?

@VegasVed,
All wait times that are 1 day or longer are actually 1 hour shorter than shown. So, 1w is actually (1w minus 1h).

Technically, this is not exactly true anymore, though it’s close.
Read more here:

2 Likes

Yeah… that makes it even more convoluted.

:roll_eyes:

Ikr, it’s always scary coming to the forums and finding that Leebo is like 4 levels higher than he was last week. I’m pretty sure he was level 49 yesterday and 48 the day before that.

4 Likes

Only a few more weeks of this…

How are you 51? I’m not being sarcastic now, I thought you only became level 50 today. Are you bribing lord Koichi or the mighty Crabigator?

1 Like

That was a 3 day 11 hour level. So, I think people just don’t notice the number as often as they think they do.

Level 46 onwards take only 3 or so days to finish because there are very few radicals and thus the first kanji quota is enough to level up (Excepting level 48).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.