Time in Level (or TO next level)

Dear Wanikani community,

I am new to WK, and just enter the level 4. But I can not understand the logic behind the “time in level” or “next level in…” algorithms…

Could anyone explain me how those timing are calculated, so I can make some use of them moving forward.

Many thanks in advance,

Castoris

Have a look at this What is WaniKani? | WaniKani Knowledge
Pay attention where it explains the SRS.

You can also look up the approximate time when you’re going to level up in wkstats

2 Likes

or get the wanikani ultimate timeline script that someone made for wanikani. It shows me exactly when each review will be. Shortest time to level up, perfectly following reviews on this timeline is 6 days and 20 hours, but that is not usually practical for most people since it sometimes requires things like getting up in the middle of the night. People seem to suggest 8ish days a level for a good brisk pace and like 10-12 if you want to enjoy it a bit more. Good luck.

Here, this is the link if you want to find it: Wanikani Ultimate Timeline

1 Like

Dear all, big thanks for your kind answers.

My confusion came from the Field “Time in Level”. I just “passed” into level four since Nov 1st (4 days ago) but it shows as if I was there since +70 days…

I understood now the logic behind the “Time to next level” but still guessing on the other two…

Kind regards,

Castoris

1 Like

Just a side note, this app is actually 3rd-party, meaning it is not developed by WaniKani. Sometimes the level times can get messed up.

2 Likes

Some apps don’t detect next level until you do a lesson for your next level. But when you have a question like this, make sure you check the web site to see what it says there. If it’s not on the web page, this is a feature of your app, which are ALL third party.

I like it! Thanks :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.