Thursday March 7 2024 Content Updates

Kanji

(4) - Updated the reading mnemonic and hint.

(4) - Added (9) and (33) to the visually similar list.

(10) - Added (14) to the visually similar list.

(11) - Added (27) to the visually similar list.

(12) - Added (7) to the visually similar list.

(21) - Added ざい to the warning list.

(25) - Changed the primary reading from the on’yomi りょう to the kun’yomi すず, and updated the reading mnemonic and hint.

(42) - Added くるる to the warning list.

(47) - Moved ちゃく to the warning list, and added ちょ to the warning list.

Vocabulary

上手 (2) - Added “unskillful” to the block list.

上手い (5) - Added “unskillful” to the block list.

足りない (6) - Removed “ichidan verb” from the word type, and added “expression” to the word type.

社長 (6) - Moved “manager" and “director” to the warning list, added “CEO,” “Chief Executive Officer,” and “President” to the allow list, and updated the meaning explanation.

早口 (6) - Updated the warning message for はやぐち.

黒人 (7) - Updated the meaning explanation, updated the reading explanation, and updated the translations of three context sentences.

手紙 (7) - Updated a context sentence.

電車 (8) - Updated one common word combination.

乗る (9) - Added “to get on” and “to board” as the alternative meaning.

発売中 (11) - Added “available now” and “now in stores” to the alternative meanings list.

(12) - Added “roof” to the block list.

寒い (12) - Updated the reading explanation.

着く (13) - Added はく to the warning list.

記念日 (16) - Moved “anniversary” to the primary meaning, added “milestone date,” “milestone day,” “anniversary date,” and “anniversary day” to the allow list, moved “holiday” to the warning list, and updated the meaning explanation.

勇む (17) - Added “intransitive verb” to the word type.

光栄 (25) - Updated the meaning explanation and a context sentence.

涼しい (25) - Updated the reading explanation, updated a context sentence and add two context sentences, and added common word combinations.

涼む (26) - Updated the reading explanation, add two context sentences, and added common word combinations.

載せる (26) - Added “to be placed on” to the block list.

栄える (26) - Replaced a context sentence.

栄光 (27) - Updated the reading expression and a context sentence.

お構いなく (27) - Updated the meaning explanation.
編む (31) - Added “to edit” and “to compile” to the warning list.

押入れ (32) - Updated the context sentence.

活躍 (39) - Made “active participation” the primary meaning, added “activity”, “success”, and “do great” as alternative meanings, moved “activities” and “great efforts” to the allow list, added “great effort”, “doing great”, “do well”, “doing well”, “be active”, “be active in”, “being active”, “being active in”, “action”, “participate actively”, “participate actively in”, “participating actively”, “participating actively in”, “take an active part”, “take an active part in”, “taking an active part”, “taking an active part in”, “play an active part”, “play an active part in”, “playing an active part”, “playing an active part in”, “success”, “be successful”, “being successful”, “succeed”, and “succeeding” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, updated and added new context sentences, and added common word combinations.

虚栄心 (39) - Updated one context sentence.

虚弱 (41) - Updated two context sentences.

(41) - Changed 〜畑 to 畑, moved はた to the warning list, added “farmland” as the alternative meaning, moved “crop” to the warning list, added “garden,” “patch,” “plot,” “plantation,” “farm,” and “paddy” to the warning list, updated the meaning explanation, and updated the reading explanation.

田畑 (41) - Added “fields” as the primary meaning, added “rice and crop fields” and “farmland” as the alternative meaning, moved “field,” “field of rice,” and “field of crops” to the allow list, added “field of rice and crops,” “field of crops and rice,” “fields of crops and rice,” “the fields,” “rice paddies and fields,” “fields and rice paddies,” and “fields of rice and crops” to the allow list, added “crop,” “rice,” “garden,” “patch,” “plot,” “plantation,” “farm,” “paddy,” and “rice paddy” to the warning list, and updated the meaning explanation.

涼風 (46) - Updated the reading explanation.

清涼 (46) - Updated the reading explanation.

吾輩 (46) - Added one context sentence.

麻酔 (48) - Moved “anesthetic” and “anaesthetic” to the allow list.

疎開 (54) - Added “evacuate” and “evacuating” to the allow list, and updated the meaning explanation.

10 Likes

Did you also move it down from a higher level? I’m level 27 and haven’t seen this kanji yet.

3 Likes

Probably, I’m level 27 and it appeared as a lesson today.

They’re moving around content onWednesdays

3 Likes

Yes:

3 Likes

Thanks:) For some reason I thought they’d be announcing the content movements as they happened.

3 Likes

Curious if this has to do with the content updates… In the past two days, I keep getting a blank radical card. And obviously I cannot figure out what it is so I just have to repeatedly fail it until i’ve gotten through all of my other reviews and then just leave it there.

Anyone else?

1 Like

I jokingly made a post about adding this a while back, nice to see it’s there now haha

3 Likes

Hi, I just noticed that…

is a level 6 kanji, but doesn’t get any vocabulary until level 13.

I guess most people learn 映画 pretty early elsewhere, but 7 levels is a pretty large gap early on.

2 Likes

Hey there! Would you mind sending hello@wanikani.com an email with some details (like your browser and OS, and version) so we can take a look into this? We do get some emails from time to time about blank cards, so we would love to help you troubleshoot this!

-Nick at WK

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know! We’re aware of this, and it’s on our list for 2024 movements. :slight_smile:

1 Like