Thoughts on new header style (not good)

I love it, it is absolutely cute!

Looks great. They’ve made the logo simpler, more easily recognizable, and marketable. The navigation hasn’t really suffered and the animations make the website feel very modern and ergonomic. It seems to be an improvement over the previous one in every manner.

I don’t hate it, but i don’t like it either. I think if it was cleaned up and maybe stayed to the colour theme more then I would grow to like it

That’s probably a better idea. Just put the level number in parenthesis next to the account or something. Like, Account (26).

I don’t really like it either but it’s certainly made worse by the fact that I’ve been using a Stylus dark theme and the header is broken, definitely stands out and burns my eyes.

Not really anyone’s fault, but I would appreciate an alternative blackish design easy on the eyes. Same for the forum :wink: . (Edit : Nevermind, I’m stupid, I found the black theme for the forum :open_mouth: )

This makes a lot of sense. I am not a fan of the boxes around the numbers in general, but what you did works really well with the native design.

1 Like

It’s interesting to see the little tweaks that keep happening - now it has boxes around the lesson and review buttons, and the color is matching purple:

Oh! and the lesson and review buttons stay visible when I make the window smaller, and the red dot is gone. I like these changes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think they should have kept the ketchup dot for reviews and added a mustard dot for the lessons

1 Like

tbh, I’ll probably never see it anyway because I always keep my window maximized, but if they did, they’d have to add a relish speck to indicate something, too.

1 Like

It definitely looks better now. They also made it highlight your level when opening the levels panel, too. It’d still be nice to see on the header itself, but as long as it’s accessible, which it seems fair to say it is now, then the new design isn’t looking as bad anymore. It actually feels more stylish than the old.

Can someone post a screen shot of what it looked like before? My terrible short term memory can’t think of it.

you’ll find some screenshots here: [UserScript] WaniKani Old Header - #10 by rfindley

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.