This is fine... everything is fine

I feel you

I was also busy with school

2 Likes

Certainly reset… that number of lessons is also abnormally high

1 Like

What do you mean? It’s only 140 sets of 10 reviews! :face_with_head_bandage: :scream:

2 Likes

Happened to me too, twice actually… I got up to 2000 reviews because I went on a break and came back to find the impossible challenge ahead of me.

The first time I tried getting past the 2k reviews I failed because I didn’t keep consistency. I tried forcing myself to do ~100-200 reviews per day but I only lasted a few weeks and it was very demoralizing because my actual knowledge was rusty (which meant that my accuracy with SRS up/down was about 60%). Every day I would do 150 reviews and 70 of those items would be back in my review queue in the next few days. This meant that I actually had to effectively do around 3k reviews, just to re-learn the things I was still learning before going on a break. I went down to a 1.2k review queue.

When I came back about a month ago, I found success by changing my strategy slightly. I no longer prioritized getting a lot of reviews in a single day, but instead aiming to progress a little every day (regardless of whether I was doing 50 reviews or 250). I also changed my WK settings to order items in review queue by SRS level (such that the items I got wrong would be back at the very front of the queue, allowing me to re-learn them faster). I was actually keeping a decent SRS accuracy of about 70-80% with this method. After about a month of steady reviews, I just barely managed to hit the 0 review queue! This is purely momentary pleasure though since in a few days I’ll be back at 400. Damn you, WK.

Good luck soldier. Remember, there’s no time limit.

9 Likes

I have 141 lessons because they keep adding new stuff and I never got around to doing any of them.

5 Likes

Btw, this is the sole reason I created WK Distraction Blocker, it’s meant to force your hand to do your reviews instead of putting it off, because it’s uncomfortable
shameless self promotion is on point

3 Likes

I have 1797 lessons. Should I be worried?

1 Like

Yes, you are clearly abusing reorder script

4 Likes

I would reset to level 30 and try if I could manage that. Then reset to lower levels if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

No, it can be fixed with reorder script, if you aren’t aware of it yet.

1 Like

I am? Damn. I’ll keep wading through it all.

1 Like

If you skip vocab, your level means literally nothing. So you’re more or less gaming the system and get very little out of it. If it’s a problem to waste time, then you should be worried, if not, continue wasting your time.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, your level still doesn’t mean a great deal even if you don’t skip the vocab. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So true. I don’t think levels matter much.

1 Like

True, but the point of WK is to learn how to read, if you skip the vocab you don’t really learn how the kanji is used, more like a description of them. Which in itself is a waste of time.

3 Likes

6 Likes

How do you put things on vacation mode? I think this may be a good thing for those of us who needs a few days or weeks off for one reason or another.

You can do so here: WaniKani — Log in

1 Like

Well, I’m not going to skip vocabulary, but you are probably right in that the vocabulary is important to consolidate the kanji. I’m getting a lot out of Wanikani, thank you very much, but maybe I should get shot of some of the scripts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.