These kanji right here 伎、支、枝、技

I just wanted to say, screw you all for looking so much alike.

:rage: 伎、支、枝、技 :rage:

You’ve screwed up my ability to effectively recognize the ones I learned prior.

9 Likes

I wonder if WK will add 肢 (the し in 選択肢 せんたくし). And you still have 岐 coming later.

9 Likes

Some of my nemeses: these guys right here 綱,網; these guys here 徹,撤,傲; also these guys 哲,誓, and these guys 漫,慢, also these bastards 輸,輪,愉,論,倫

13 Likes

Those look very different to me. The others all look the same. At this point, it has become a guessing game of which is which when they come up. I used to have no problem with 支 and 技. 枝 came in and put that on shaky ground. Then 伎 came and wrecked everything.

3 Likes

How about this one 微?

1 Like

Forgot all about 徴 and 微

2 Likes

I usually don’t have any problem with either of those. But right now. They are messing with me lol.

Well, the radicals do do a decent job of clearly differentiating them, I think. They all align pretty well with the standard semantic meanings associated with the left-hand radicals.

2 Likes

Sure, maybe when you slow down and try to pic them apart. lol Like right now, after posting these, I’m thinking, of course 枝 is branch - there’s a tree right there. And 伎 is deed because there’s the leader doing it. But when whizzing through reviews, they all run together.

This is partially why I posted topics like these. Making a deal out of it kind forces them to get right in my head.

4 Likes

Right, like if you devised a kind of… story to go along with each part of the kanji. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m just teasing.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.