Theorycrafting: Is it possible to add our own items now?

With the ability to modify items we see client side, is it possible to make an extension or script which let’s you add your own items and adds them to the reviews when needed?

I’m thinking the info could be stored in an individuals XML or even their Google documents for free cloud access

The interface to add an item
wouldsimply be a bunch of specific text fields or something.

Is this even possible now? To mix in theoretical new items to the review queue?

Yes, its possible,
however we would need to modify certain parts of the original WK script, what i dont think its correct.

For this i really recommend to use AnkiSRS.

you couldn’t like calculate when the wk items are finishing and change the “submit” button to pullitems from your list? and just insert them into a similar stylesheet.?

Codex alera reference, nice job.

I recommend Memrise for this because I dislike anki, but whatever works for you.

Jatacid said... you couldn't like calculate when the wk items are finishing and change the "submit" button to pullitems from your list? and just insert them into a similar stylesheet.?
 Yes, in this way it would work without major changes.
I would feel this wrong, using WK system with outside items, however with a large amount of people asking for it and Viet/Koichi permission, and dont see a problem making it.

I suggest using a service like Anki or Memrise, which are better equipped for what you are asking…

The last thing I want to see is a bunch of HTTP requests to our servers for outside items due to a bad implementation of this.

Well yes, practically anything is possible with a user-script if you make it hook into cloud storage, in that you could create an app that mimics WaniKani from start to finish (well programing a mock forum would be hard). But at that point, you might as well use another site.