The "news reading" challenge 🗞

in some threads I see people complaining that wk has a lot of vocab for baseball and they dont even like the sport

now having that “useless knowledge” is quite handy for an article like this :sweat_smile:

This is the “baseballest” article I have seen so far in nhk easy news.

PS: I like baseball, just dont follow the mlb a lot nowadays. I prefer NFL.

3 Likes

This was too cute not to read. Halloween penguins :orange_heart:

4 Likes

Are they trained ? They really started walking when the lady said 「行きますよ!」 :joy:

3 Likes

If it’s anything like other places I’ve been, the penguins go for walks daily, so they’re probably really used to the cues by now lol

3 Likes

I was wondering who was reviving old threads, so I checked (it was our serial thread reviver, no surprise there), but I also found this fun article!

Sign me up for that fugu sashimi! I need to find this vending machine next time I visit Shimonoseki. I love 名物(めいぶつ) vending machines.

4 Likes

Thread needed no reviving, was still breathing when I found it

3 Likes

Your definition of breathing is curious

3 Likes

I’ve heard of similar technology that instead analyzes the way a person is driving to decide whether to stop the car. I like this quite a bit though. I can imagine it would be great as a way to help prevent accidents with serial texters as well as helping people who have health or sleep issues.

2 Likes

The forums are sleeping on this brand new coelacanth news, wow

tbh I didn’t understand this one very well beyond that there was new c fish footage. I had to check a translation of the original which was more enlightening.

4 Likes

Thanks for the sharing, interesting news :+1:

3 Likes

I completely misunderstood this one :clown_face: you win some you lose some

2 Likes

Tofugu’s Ian just reviewed a new news app!

I might get this one so I don’t feel so stuck only reading news on my computer

3 Likes

Another lose. I thought that this was about less students taking entrance exams, but it’s actually about students who dropped out due to Corona related issues.

2 Likes