The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

In the spirit of shameless self-promotion (for the common good - honest) I’m here to let you know this script exists now:

It will help you quickly find scripts that are of interest to you. I’ve found 4 for myself already.

Here’s a teaser of what the App Store shows you:

Duendecat is very useful , do you know about other apps like this one ? I just don’t like that duendecat repeats a lot of sentences

I have a list of sentences by WK Kanji levels and by JLPT levels here.

Is there a userscript that tracks review scores? I’d like to keep an eye on mine, so I can adjust my pace when I notice a dramatic drop a slow decrease.

You mean the percentage score you get from each review session? I don’t think so, but could be wrong. You can use RFindley’s stats site to see your overall percentage accuracy:

https://www.wkstats.com/#progress

so I suppose that if you noticed your overall accuracy start to decline that would give you a similar heads-up, but it’s likely to be a less dramatic nosedive.

That’s a great idea! I hope someone makes it!

I just found this actually: Review count analysis

Not sure if it still works, haven’t tested it yet.

So, Firefox just updated to version 59.0 and pretty much half my scripts stopped working overnight (again). The previous episode being when Firefox completely revamped the way its extensions worked with 57.0 and made Greasemonkey worthless (still is btw). I’m now using Tampermonkey.

Dashboard Progress Plus and Real Numbers aren’t working.
Jitai, Close but no Cigar and Golden Burn, Lesson Ordering II are all working.

I’m pretty sure it’s because of the new Firefox update, but it could be something else.

Lightning Mode Problems (Fixed)

My scripts have all stopped working this morning too. This is using mozilla on android with tampermonkey

Thankfully, everything started working again. Blessed relief!

soooooooo

hi guys i wanted to check and see if there was a script that does the following:
based on you’re desired level up time it shows u exactly how many lessons u have to do per day and how many reviews of those lessons u have to get right so that by the time the time limit is over you have no reviews or lessons for that level left.

This spreadsheet should give you some of that information. Keep in mind that every level is different and sometimes you’ll get more or less wrong in a level. So if you follow a strict schedule, sometimes you’ll run out of vocab lessons early and sometimes a lot of vocab will unlock towards the end and you’ll still have a few vocab lessons left. (And sometimes both of these will happen in the same level.)

I recommend using my Lesson Filter script to experiment with a different number of lessons per day until you find something that works for you. For example, I do 3 kanji and up to 9 vocab a day (all radicals on the first day). This has me level up consistently in 14-15 days. There are some days that I don’t have 9 vocab lessons available and I usually finish the level with fewer than 10 vocab lessons left (and often none left).

thank you so much, i just got it running

EDIT: Solved. It was the WaniKani Companion. There’s apparently an option to turn off. Thank you Borx!

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. Every time I’m doing reviews, the item info opens after each entry, and it’s making me dizzy. I checked the scripts I’ve installed, and I don’t think they’re the cause of it. It’s as if I installed the Review Wrong Info Click by Kobayashi, but I didn’t.

I asked in the Polls thread because it was very active, but it just died.
https://community.wanikani.com/t/we-hold-these-polls-to-be-self-evident/21616/26942

This game/site doesn’t seem to work anymore…

I have moved it pending author’s response as to whether it will be fixed

Does a script exist (if WK even allows such a thing) to reset a given item’s SRS progress to zero? I didn’t see a script above that sounded like it did that, or maybe I missed it.

I know I can unburn, but that requires burning something first. There are leeches that I just want to flat out reset because I cannot seem to burn them, but I get them right just often enough to guarantee that they’re usually on very long SRS intervals. This makes reviews too few and far between for me to ever hope to learn them. SRS is great, but there’s a sweet spot (or a rotten spot I guess) near the end of the process there that isn’t working for me personally, for at least some items.

Kicking them back to the beginning will give me a better chance to learn them with a fresh start.

Right now the only alternative is to keep faking them through each level with the ignore script until it’s burned, and then resurrect. Given how long the wait for the burn review is, that’s a whole lot to micromanage over a very long time, with a risk that I’ll forget I was planning to unburn it.

[feature suggestion] Demote button on radical/kanji/vocab pages

You can intentionally answer them wrong several times in one session. If it starts at Guru or above, each odd number of wrong answers kicks it back 2 srs levels.

For example:

• 1 wrong answer kicks it back 2 srs levels
  • 3 wrong answers (on meaning and reading combined) kicks it back 4 srs levels
  • 5 kicks it back 6 srs levels, etc

If someone wanted to write a script, they would just need to modify localStorage to increase the “mi” or “ri” (meaning incorrect, reading incorrect) numbers for the current item to fool the code into thinking you answered it wrong a bunch of times.

I don’t have time to write such a script, but I’d be happy to give a technical nudge to any scripters that have questions.

Hm, true, I could basically do it manually. The irrational part of me doesn’t like junking up my stats to do so, but the rational part of me knows the stats don’t technically matter. Decisions decisions.

(I should probably actually submit this as a core feature request for WK… just make that “resurrect” button a “reset” button and make it available at any time.)

This feature request would allow that and more.