The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

You can add it yourself where you see fit, anyone can edit the first post

1 Like

Thanks. I added a CLI section under computer apps. Since technically it should run with any computers that can run python 3.9.

2 Likes

Is there a script that lets me see item information on the dashboard just by hovering over it? It’s a feature in the custom immersion script, but I can’t use that one since it’s not compatible with all the other dashboard scripts I’m using.

Thanks!

1 Like

have you tried

1 Like

Oh snap! Didn’t know that was a feature when I was reading it’s description! Thanks so much ! This is why you’re the GOAT here.
Last question: Do you know if there’s a review re-order script that lets me review all radical/kanji first across all levels and then Vocab?

I explained the issue I was having here if you cared to see why (because maybe there’s another solution):

This script allows you to create highly customizable reordering presets. For your requirement, the following preset should do what you asked for:

{"preset":{"name":"Radicals+Kanji before Vocab","selected_action":"0","available_on":{"reviews":true,"lessons":false,"extra_study":true,"self_study":false},"actions":[{"name":"First all radicals and kanji","type":"filter","filter":{"filter":"item_type","item_type":{"radical":true,"kanji":true,"vocabulary":false}}},{"name":"Then all vocab","type":"freeze & restore"}]}}

You can copy and paste this preset into the Reorder Omega settings dialog (in the tab “Presets”, click on an entry in the “Presets List” and then hit CTRL+V). During reviews, you can then select the “Radicals+Kanji before Vocab” preset in the bottom left.

Caveat

I’m not sure how Reorder Omega handles the active queue. Since WaniKani randomizes which of the ten reviews in the active queue it shows, I expect that in the worst case you might still get asked 9 kanji/radical reviews after the first vocab review comes up (but maybe Reorder Omega already prevents this – I don’t know). If you want to avoid this, you could instead use the following preset to just get the radicals and kanji:

{"preset":{"name":"Radicals+Kanji","selected_action":0,"available_on":{"reviews":true,"lessons":false,"extra_study":true,"self_study":false},"actions":[{"name":"Only radicals and kanji","type":"filter","filter":{"filter":"item_type","item_type":{"radical":true,"kanji":true,"vocabulary":false}}}]}}

After finishing this review session, you should be left with a queue full of vocabulary items (unless you got new kanji/radical reviews in the meantime). Just start a new review session and select “None” as preset to go through all vocabulary reviews.

1 Like

Try Item Inspector Not only it displays information by hovering over items but you can customize both the information displayed and the item list.

Wait a second, this script is GODLY, omg.

Of course @Kumirei made it xD

Unfortunately I only have 0 Rad 5 Kanji 40 Vocab in queue now but later tonight I’ll have a lot more, to be able to test how it works with the active queue! I can update you when I find out in case you’re curious (Which I’m assuming probably not since Kumirei made it and didn’t discuss that conflict anywhere from the little I’ve seen so far). 1 last question… since I now know that this godly script exists…

Is there a way to add an ADDITIONAL filter so that it prioritizes Kanji/Radicals of the current level first (and then the rest in descending order)? And then restoring the rest of the vocab?
Or it could be a modification to the second one you created in case there is an issue interacting with the active queue
Just so I can always prioritize reviews that’ll help me level up first in case I’m short of time: I am trying to get to 60 ASAP (or at least 30-40 so reading can be a lot easier). Since I have a long way to go, something like that would help a LOT over the next few months- only reason I’m asking for help since I’d hate to ask someone to do more work than needed for me :sob: Much appreciation though!

Maybe other people who are also trying to prioritize leveling up as fast as possible could also use that preset !

I am aware that this could also lead to a backlog of overdue reviews, but I don’t mind spending pockets of hours throughout the week when I do have time to knock it out. I just work a lot on random days >.<

Sorry I’m still newish with scripts here and can’t contribute myself yet. The community here is definitely great though!

1 Like

Oh wow, this script is a lot more involved and has more features than the dashboard plus!
I have a question (since I’m a math geek and looked at the leach value formula)

If hypothetically, I got an item wrong 15 times in a row at App. 1, will it continue to be a leach until it’s burned? I’m still learning terminologies here. But definitely think I’ll consider using yours in conjunction with leach trainer eventually.

Thanks!

Edit: As long as it doesn’t interfere with any of the other dashboard scripts I’m using. Unfortunately had to stop using the immersion one for that reason >.<

I’m assuming this will replace my dashboard plus

As of yesterday I don’t handle it at all. WK is rolling out a change to how the active queue is shuffled, and I haven’t thought of how I want to tackle that yet. Previously (and still for us on higher levels) the active queue kept its order during reviews, but now they are shuffling it ever time you answer an item, and I need to figure out how to handle that

Items still enter the active queue in order, though

edit: I had a close look at the code today and I think it should only be an issue for back to back, and that can probably be fixed by just updating the active queue.

2 Likes

Sure, you just need to add a sort by level action

{"preset":{"name":"Radicals+Kanji before Vocab","selected_action":"1","available_on":{"reviews":true,"lessons":false,"extra_study":true,"self_study":false},"actions":[{"name":"Only radicals and kanji","type":"filter","filter":{"filter":"item_type","item_type":{"radical":true,"kanji":true,"vocabulary":false}}},{"name":"Sort by level","type":"sort","sort":{"sort":"level","level":"desc"}},{"name":"Then all vocab","type":"freeze & restore"}]}}

3 Likes

Oh. Much simpler than I thought.

Religious or not (i’m not personally), You’re heaven sent.

Thanks ! :sob:

2 Likes

Quick Update regarding this: I have those rules in that order exactly, however it’s still shuffling the vocab before some kanji/radical. It seems to be sorting by level again even AFTER the vocab is shuffled back in, despite the rules being in that order.

I’m working around that currently by just using a separate rule that contains no vocab at all, then doing a separate review session to do all the vocab by itself. But if there’s an easy fix to this then that would help a lot! All good if not though, thanks for everything you’ve done here already!

1 Like

Hm, that should not be happening. I will have a look at it tomorrow

Awesome thanks. I’ll test it again tonight and update this post specifically just to confirm it wasn’t an issue on my end, since my dumbass definitely could’ve accidently just had the wrong rule selected xD
Hope you’re enjoying your day ! :smiley:

Edit 1: This is the ruleset I’ll be using. This honestly has me excited to use Wanikani a lot more since I’m able to personalize it so much <3

{“preset”:{“name”:“Vocab Last”,“selected_action”:“3”,“available_on”:{“reviews”:true,“lessons”:false,“extra_study”:true,“self_study”:false},“actions”:[{“name”:“First all radicals and kanji”,“type”:“filter”,“filter”:{“filter”:“item_type”,“item_type”:{“radical”:true,“kanji”:true,“vocabulary”:false}}},{“name”:“Sort by Level”,“type”:“sort”,“sort”:{“sort”:“level”,“level”:“desc”}},{“name”:“Then all vocab”,“type”:“freeze & restore”},{“name”:“Sort Vocab by SRS”,“type”:“sort”,“sort”:{“sort”:“srs”,“srs”:“asc”}}]}}

Edit 2-4: No updates here. I’m just stupid, lol (preset was set to “none”)

1 Like

By default the script prevents this problem with a SRS level filter that will drop out of leech items that reach Enlightened.

Nope. You will have both Item Inspector and Dashboard Progress Plus. If you drop Dashboard Progress Plus you will get both the vanilla Wanikani desktop icons and Item Inspector.

1 Like

So does it work as expected now or are you still getting vocab mixed in?

I got this last time I attempted it… (though this is with all my scripts active)
I have no idea where that came from.
I just restarted with my “No Vocab” version and it worked perfectly again

My “edits 2-4” were basically another issue I thought I identified but was only because I didn’t have presets, so that’s why I brought that one up. Still having issues using the original script to do everything as intended though.

You wouldn’t happen to specifically have “Katakana Madness” installed, would you?

Have you installed any new scripts lately?

Is it at all possible to systematically isolate the script by disabling all review-affecting scripts and reenabling them individually?

These are all the scripts I have active

So this is what I have In queue right now: it says it’s just one radical 3 kanji
But the very first lesson is Vocab

And it still didn’t show up within the first ten (which I checked to see if it’s in the active queue, even though I think that changed anyways)

I changed to my “NoVocab” rule (which doesn’t include the freeze restore) and got it immediately

I get 20 radicals/kanji reviews showing up in 70 minutes from now though! So I can test anything else out then. I’ll hold off on some of the vocab