The Kanji Code ebook is free this weekend

Oh wow :see_no_evil: I didnā€™t even think about checking if it is available on Amazon Germany ā€¦ got it there, so thank you for the tip!

3 Likes

Yay! Youā€™re welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It wasnā€™t free for me on Amazon UK, but it was on Amazon US.

Iā€™m in Sweden and they have my address.

1 Like

Thanks! Just got it free from Amazon UK.

1 Like

Just got it from Amazon France, thanks very much for the tip!
This period is rich in generous actions and free online stuff, so itā€™s nice to track these.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks. I got it.

1 Like

Has anyone read this before? How is it?

1 Like

If you are in Germany:
I just bought it for 0 ā‚¬ at amazon.de

Thank you @Anime_gasuki for the hint!

2 Likes

Just grabbed my copy. A glance at the website make it look like it will be really useful with how my mind works! Iā€™ll be definitely adding some user synonyms to my WK radicals. Thank you for putting this out there!

1 Like

You may want to check this out too:

3 Likes

It is free on Amazon Canada

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing! Got mine from amazon.uk but for some reason it does not seem to work on my Paperwhiteā€¦

Edited: apparently it is just not compatible, so I guess I will have to try it on the PC app instead. Thank you again!

1 Like

I scrolled thru the whole book very quickly. Historic backgrounds aside (of which I heard on Tofugu podcasts or read in Wikipedia),I donā€™t think it will help me with kanji learning much. Is it famous book or something?

Do you not use phonetic components to help remember onā€™yomi readings?

1 Like

Yes, and I like the script. I get that the book is about that too, but Iā€™m not gonna read it thorough (probably), until I have more free time which is never. I mean itā€™s academically interesting but not practical.

Looking forward to hearing more what people will get from this book. Maybe I will change my mind. As I said, I glanced thru super quickly.

1 Like

Wait, is this how people normally learn the onā€™yomi readings? Iā€™ve never done this wayā€¦ :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a way that people commonly use, consciously or subconsciously. For example, itā€™s useful to know that any kanji containing 摒 will have the onā€™yomi 恑悓. Of course, not all phonetic components have 100% accuracy, but many of them are very useful. On several occasions Iā€™ve encountered a word with kanji I had never learned, but I knew how to read it anyway because I recognized the phonetic components.

5 Likes

is really helpful. Iā€™d say a must in userscripts universe.

3 Likes

Thank you. Downloaded from Amazon UK.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right. ā€œPrint Replicaā€ just means thatā€™s itā€™s not an ebook meant to be read digitally (reflowing text, mobi/epub format, ability to change fonts etc.) but rather a replica of the print version. Basically itā€™s the PDF file that they use to print the book which means itā€™s not optimized for mobile phones and you have to zoom in all the time to read it. Why theyā€™d sell it like that beats me. :woman_shrugging:

In any case, I got it from Amazon Germany and everything works fine! It seems like a useful resource and Iā€™m glad I got to get it for free. Thank you OP for making this thread and alerting us all!

3 Likes