The Kanji Code ebook is free this weekend

The author is making the ebook free to download for the next couple of dates with the hashtag #stayhomestudykanji

Details here:
https://ochapress.com/how-to-download-your-free-ebook/

41 Likes

Well, it appears as 999 jpy for me, so I guess itā€™s not yet available for free :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Itā€™s not the weekend yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Isnā€™t Kindle Unlimited itself a service you have to subscribe to?

The page says

ā€œIā€™m running a free Amazon promotion of The Kanji Code from 17-19 April 2020 so you can #stayhomestudykanjiā€

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a bit weird itā€™s not free on Amazon Japan yet. But maybe it was all set based on some US time zone.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think about it at all, actually. I just checked the date on the website (that @Leebo quoted) and thought it was weird. But if they are aiming for the week-end in Japan, then indeed it will still be the 17th in the US, so that might be the reason (as @seanblue saidā€¦ well I guess everyone said everything I wanted to say already why am I still typing).

6 Likes

Try again tomorrow, the time zones are having an impact. And remember to check that the price is 0.00 before you click Buy Now!

2 Likes

Itā€™s free now on Amazon Japan. Thanks!

4 Likes

Aaaand it is already ā€œsold outā€ on Amazon Japan?

It shows as available for me on Amazon Japan.

1 Like

Interesting. :thinking:
Youre title looks a little different from what I found. It says ā€œPrint Replicaā€ when I search for ā€œKanji Codeā€ and it doesnā€™t show me your version.

Do I need a special account for kindle unlimited or something?

1 Like

Did you click the link from the article? Thatā€™s all I did. I donā€™t have Kindle Unlimited.

1 Like

It works fine from amazon.com, I just clicked the link from the article/blog that was posted.

Edit: if anyone else had the same idea as meā€¦
I have a Kobo reader so I wanted an epub version. But the format is azw4, which is basically a pdf in an Amazon wrapper with DRM. If you try to convert it to epub, it wonā€™t display properly. So the best you can do is deDRM it and turn it back into the pdf that it already is. At least now I can read it anywhere and not just in the Kindle app. Not advocating piracy btw :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You have to have your account set up to buy ebooks. If youā€™ve never bought an ebook from Amazon Japan you have some work to do first.

1 Like

Yes.

That could be it. Amazon Japan has my address in Germany, so maybe thatā€™s why I canā€™t download the book for kindle?

EDIT

Ah, I didnā€™t know that! Is there a description somewhere?

I guess that could be it. Iā€™m in Japan and buy e-books from Amazon regularly.

2 Likes

There are guides floating around on the forums, but I donā€™t know where offhand.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! :hearts:

2 Likes

I just got it from Amazon Germany, and it also seemed to be available on Amazon UK, but I have purchased ebooks before and set up a kindle app. Fingers crossed itā€™ll work out for everyone eventually!

2 Likes

Great, thanks for sharing!

The book looks very interesting at first glance. Though Iā€™ll be picking up a paperback copy if I actually start using it during my studies, this is a great gesture from Mrs. Hamilton.

3 Likes