The Kanji Code ebook is free this weekend

The author is making the ebook free to download for the next couple of dates with the hashtag #stayhomestudykanji

Details here:

41 Likes

Well, it appears as 999 jpy for me, so I guess it’s not yet available for free :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s not the weekend yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Isn’t Kindle Unlimited itself a service you have to subscribe to?

The page says

“I’m running a free Amazon promotion of The Kanji Code from 17-19 April 2020 so you can #stayhomestudykanji

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a bit weird it’s not free on Amazon Japan yet. But maybe it was all set based on some US time zone.

2 Likes

I didn’t think about it at all, actually. I just checked the date on the website (that @Leebo quoted) and thought it was weird. But if they are aiming for the week-end in Japan, then indeed it will still be the 17th in the US, so that might be the reason (as @seanblue said… well I guess everyone said everything I wanted to say already why am I still typing).

6 Likes

Try again tomorrow, the time zones are having an impact. And remember to check that the price is 0.00 before you click Buy Now!

2 Likes

It’s free now on Amazon Japan. Thanks!

4 Likes

Aaaand it is already “sold out” on Amazon Japan?

It shows as available for me on Amazon Japan.

1 Like

Interesting. :thinking:
Youre title looks a little different from what I found. It says “Print Replica” when I search for “Kanji Code” and it doesn’t show me your version.

Do I need a special account for kindle unlimited or something?

1 Like

Did you click the link from the article? That’s all I did. I don’t have Kindle Unlimited.

1 Like

Maybe because I don’t live in Japan, and I don’t have an address in Japan, I’ve never been able to purchase a kindle ebook from amazon japan. Mine is also the same with atani’s screenshot above. I don’t have kindle unlimited either. Idk why atani has the same display like mine, I’m just sharing my inability to purchase any kindle books from amazon japan.

I saw a tutorial from someone in another thread on how to set up an amazon account that supports kindle japan but I’ve never been able to follow that. Just in case.

1 Like

It works fine from amazon.com, I just clicked the link from the article/blog that was posted.

Edit: if anyone else had the same idea as me…
I have a Kobo reader so I wanted an epub version. But the format is azw4, which is basically a pdf in an Amazon wrapper with DRM. If you try to convert it to epub, it won’t display properly. So the best you can do is deDRM it and turn it back into the pdf that it already is. At least now I can read it anywhere and not just in the Kindle app. Not advocating piracy btw :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You have to have your account set up to buy ebooks. If you’ve never bought an ebook from Amazon Japan you have some work to do first.

1 Like

Yes.

That could be it. Amazon Japan has my address in Germany, so maybe that’s why I can’t download the book for kindle?

EDIT

Ah, I didn’t know that! Is there a description somewhere?

I guess that could be it. I’m in Japan and buy e-books from Amazon regularly.

2 Likes

There are guides floating around on the forums, but I don’t know where offhand.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! :hearts:

2 Likes

Not for me unfortunately.

1 Like