The JLPT 2021 Thread (RESULTS OUT NOW!)

Has anyone gotten their test voucher yet (Japan)? The site says they should be delivered by June 18th, and with that being the end of next week I’m getting a little antsy (even though I’m sure it’s probably going to come in this week).

Also, have any testing sites been announced closed for Japan yet?

3 Likes

Usually in Japan the vouchers are delivered 1 or 2 weeks before the test, it’s perfectly normal to not have them yet.

I’m really bummed that the test here has been cancelled for the second year in a row. I’ve been waiting so dang long just to get this piece of paper to prove some level of Japanese competence. January 2020 was a bad time to decide to write the JLPT :pensive:

6 Likes

I’m also getting antsy about it. I’ve heard from other friends where my test center should be because they’ve taken the test before, but I would love to be assured with some confirmation so I can book a hotel and whatnot already.

1 Like

Haven’t got it yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm I think it would be cancelled every where at this rate…

That’s very unfortunate, this close to the date :frowning: At least my place cancelled it in the beginning of the year, so we could plan accordingly.

Haven’t got it yet either (Kinki region)

1 Like

I am in Chugoku region and haven’t received it yet. Checked the site a couple of times today already and somehow convinced myself to stay sane for a little longer.

1 Like

Yeah it sucks. It seems hopeful, to me at least, since we are only 3 weeks away from the test and I was looking forward to receiving the test ticket.

In my case (Poland), I already have a test voucher, but since we are printing them on our own anyway, I had one since I registered (they are delivered digitally). And I even already have a number for checking the results. And the covid cases are very low here for the time being. So I assume the only disaster that can happen now is if indeed the test would be cancelled worldwide. :confused:

2 Likes

Same here in France! But we’re supposed to receive the details of the test (placement, time…) “between the 20 and the 21 of June” so I guess if we do receive them next week it means the test is going to take place

2 Likes

Oh, it’s refreshing to see someone from Europe who’s still waiting, since I started to get an impression that every other place besides Japan already cancelled. :sweat:

We already have place & time. There are even two locations, one for N5-N3 and other for N2-N1, to do more social distancing (I guess it also helps with reducing noise, with different levels having breaks at different times).

3 Likes

I’m planning to take the december test (France), so if the july test in not canceled, the december test will likely not be canceled either.
Crossing fingers !

3 Likes

I just got home to my test voucher (kanto), I was beginning to think I’d never get it.

5 Likes

I also just received my voucher today (Kanto). Was definitely starting to sweat haha

6 Likes

Just checked the site and the other day (June 14) they posted an update saying we could print our vouchers if they aren’t delivered by the 18th, which is a nice relief, but I still want to know where my testing center is so I can decide to either take trains or rent a car, or if my location will even still be holding the test :tired_face:

5 Likes

@Wantitled and @Axazel did your voucher list the test center?

2 Likes

Yes, it did! :world_map: :mag:

4 Likes

Could anyone taking in Kinki region be kind to share where the test site will be?
I really have to apply for day offs at my job quickly.
My voucher hasn’t arrived today and it would be so late to wait until tomorrow evening to see if my voucher arrives at home, or even worse on Friday, which I could only apply for day offs next week.