A diary from level 1 to level 60

I’m gonna level up tomorrow. Maybe from this level my progress would be quite slow as I’m beginning a fulltime job next week. Lucky for me the job requires to read lot’s of technical japanese so maybe my reading skills would be brushed up.

Still, I’m very worried with my Listening skills as I would have very little time to practice this skill. Very scary if I want to retake N2 this December.

2 Likes

1. so many lessons pile up, but I think I can only do reviews. Wish that my speed would not be super sloooowww as I start to work full time next week. I had worked full time before but this one would be my hard core and I’m really excited and serious about it, so…

First week into full time work, I manage to learn all kanjis today and will try to solve all reviews, too.

36! took me over half month. Anyway I’m making progress, that’s what’s important!

3 Likes

37! :firecracker::boom: took me 8 9 days. lol I know I cheated with reorder script. Anyway I will try to solve all reviews and lesson by the end of this weeks. The downside is that my reviews will accumulate at the start of next week. Anyway good news is I can find some time to do my reviews at work :joy:

edit: I miscounted the number of days

2 Likes

I’m done. I can’t keep my words aka I fucked up

edit 2:

6 days stuck at lv 37 without much improvement. something not good is happening…

edit 3:

10 days later, try hard weekend and I managed to have 0 lesson. Let’s try to level up in 4 days!

edit 4 (final edit at level 37, sadly I fked up and end up being at this level for 2.5 more days. Maybe it’s a good thing that I can have more space to finish those reviews and lessons coming up)

3 Likes

oh boys, crawled to 38. I know…I see… those reviews really need some fixings~

¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 days later… I really just did 600 reviews today

1 Like

39 nah. Going to Paradise soon.

“Everything is according to the plan, capt” - that aanhlle’s mumbling to himself.

11 days later…

“well not really” - I did put Wani in vacation mode but…

Some update :frowning:

Oh man @aanhlle stay strong. Here is some motivation sent from my place.

1 Like

thank you bro. Don’t worry, I’ve come thru that so-called demotivation and sh!t many times that I can’t even remember how many times I started to be lazied not doing any wani. I 'm just being a bit lazy a bit. today I plan 400 reviews and I’ve done 200, feelsgood.

2 Likes

Don’t overthink it. You’ve got over this before, so you can do it again. It’s more than possible :heart:

3 Likes

hey jprs, great to know that you are still around with us. To be exact it’s “more” than one time :smile: . I feel okay though cause I know at this point I would not give up and I still love doing wani really haha.

2 Likes

oh boys, just came back from a vacation mode. lol when you are doing wanikani as a habit and without doing wani for some times makes you feel a bit what’s the word for the feeling of missing, lacking something

edit after 2days:

I’ve done all kanjis, but not all lessons. I hope to reduce all reviews to 0 and lesson to 50 by the time I reach level 40.

1 Like

I commend your dedication aanhile.

I admit, I looked at last post and my mood plummeted. I mind saw 230 reviews and was like :sob: on initial reaction. I mind was running off in dispair, it didn’t even recognise it was a screenshot with different style different colour and days below review counter.

Strange how the mind works… Level 39 the lights at the end of the tunnel now. Congratulations.

1 Like

Hey thank you for motivating words. Maybe I was reading too much English literature recently but your post somehow echos those books I’ve read. Lol the battle with procrastination and prepare yourself to overcome it is not a simple work for me. At least somehow I manage to make it my routine (though I still procrastinate):sweat_smile:

1 Like

I forget nearly a half of those kanjis I learned yesterday cause I have no time to review them (should be reviewed about 8 or 4 hours earlier) Hope that I can keep my plan to solve reviews, first.

Beautiful Sunday.

I think I can achieve my goal as planned :feelsgoodman: However, I struggle to keep my correct answer above 80 percent. Currently, I’m at 70 percent which is low I know. I guess it’s because of my review cramming, which is also bad for my memory. So, I think I really need to return to wanikani everyday and maintain my reviewing/learning. I will report my result at the end of the day.

First update, 2:52 PM.

Final update, 8:42PM.

2 Likes

I’m struggling as of late to watch wanikani at least daily too, because I’m working 12 hour night shift now for a month through weekends and holidays. Your correct percentage is better than mine as of late! I’ve been running a 60-70% and it hurts and shows me I need to dedicate more attention. I’m hoping I can steer this ship soon to the end, it’s sooooo close and it’s been a long journey. 2015? I’ve never made such a detailed blog or post, but will probably post my 1-60 timeline and how long it was for each level after I’m done to show all my ups and downs, haha.

Been occasionally popping in to read your thread, but never made a post before.

1 Like

kudo to your hard-working. Ohh you are only a few steps to your great victory. Keep it steady my friend. Wish you all the best!! :firecracker::firecracker::hear_no_evil::tada:

First 70 reviews of day before going to work. I will try to be consistent and update my status frequently from now on ya try to :joy: It’s going to be the end of year soon, and I want to reach the goal I set from the beginning of this year which is to reach lv45 btw

ON FIRE NOW!!! :fire:

8:25 PM: Just came back from work (and had dinner) 142 reviews solved :fire:

11:07 PM. The misty night sky looks dark and blurred. When did we stop looking at the sky? - aanhlle wondered. Maybe it’s the side effect of being a grown-up.

Final session for today (2 reviews lol, 20 vocabs learned)

3 Likes