A diary from level 1 to level 60

next day, still keep it at 0

so, tomorrow would be that last day of 2019. Probably I’ve completed the goal I set here. However, I would still try to keep another 0 to fulfill the quest.

I just tried the addon heatmap by @Kumirei -sama and I think it’s great. It shows you how the average review numbers of your lifetime usage, as well as some cool numbers like your total reviews or so.

Looking back (please ignore ‘days studied’ like it was nothing)I know you would still see it :laughing:, my journey with Wanikani has been for a while. holy shitI’ve come this far with some ups and downs. December last years marked some final reviews of mine, then came a long hiatus. It was the time that I was so tired of reviewing hundreds of items day by day.

One lesson learned: I know that many people use the ignore addon (kind of help you correct your mistake and do the wrong word again). But one thing to keep in mind is that: It is so easy to be abused, especially with people whose English is not the first language like me (yeah sometimes you get it wrong here and there and think like oh it’s just I forgot the meaning of the word in English or my wrong answers are just semantic.) NO NO NO. A wrong answer is wrong. And by ignoring your answer you are doing a real bad thing for your long term memory as they constantly weighing between two nearly same meanings (the wrong one you typed in but you think it’s correct and the real correct one). As a result, this increases your leeches!

It’s only acceptable and be real useful if you have a typos and want it corrected, but you should always keep a strict rule that you only use the add-on in such situation only.

Bonus: I think another good tips is don’t focus on your level too much. It’s better to be slow in the right direction. It’s sweet to level up in 7 or 8 days, but it’s still fine if it takes you 10 or 14 days per level as long as you keep it steady.

Right now one question that bothers me: I still have to do about 150 reviews everyday from now on. How would I not stress myself out? any suggestion?

7 Likes