The best game to practice Japanese reading: Dodgeball Academia

This was a great shout! Thanks for bringing this game to my attention. Been playing it and making a note of a LOT of grammar and vocab. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just downloaded Eastward and that offers subtitles in a second language. No furigana though.

1 Like

Ok, random shot, no clue if it’s a thing or where to search for it. But when I was younger I played a bunch of edutainment games (mostly mystery point&clicks, aimed at ages 10-15 or so) that had the option to switch to English, to encourage kids to learn English. I presume it was fairly simple language and spoken slowly, but no clue. (Update, found a video, it’s a tiny bit slow, but mainly rather ridiculously overly correct lol.)
I’m not sure if that was only a fad in early 2000’s Germany, but mayyyybe there’s also games like that in Japanese? Like, original game in Japanese, but you can switch to English. There’s probably more Japanese English learners than English Japanese learners. But I guess you’d end up with the same result of being able to play the game bilingually, if that’s something people are looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.