The answer "wise" for 聡明 incorrectly marked wrong

WK apparently doesn’t accept “wise” as an answer for 聡明, even though 聡明 also functions as an adjective.

hmm

Even the example sentence translates it that way:

hmm2

3 Likes

Add as user synonym or report via email or the main WaniKani dashboard :slight_smile: . It’s not a bug, “wise” is probably just not added to the synonym list.

There is a couple of items like that where the item is a na-adjective, but only nouns are accepted.

5 Likes

Ah, since it’s business as usual, I know now not to bother reporting those.

3 Likes

There is such a huge amount of obviously missing synonyms with the missing synonym even used in the example sentences - especially in later later levels. I used to track all the ones I found in a list that I planned to send in once I reach level 60 - but at some point I just stopped caring and have been relying on my own synonyms and override scripts ever since.

1 Like

I pointed out several yesterday and got this response

which doesn’t make it sound likely imo, but maybe if enough people collectively complain about this sort of thing, they’ll add them? WK does seem to be headed new directions content wise.

3 Likes

@mods I think this is a valid point (because it can be used as na-adjective)

4 Likes

Thanks! We’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.