The 2x bamboo radical in 算 and others

Hi! In my head, I call the “squished bamboo” radical found in 算 and 答 “AK-47”, because it looks more like the “gun” radical with an extra support grip. Anyone else? Any other modified forms of radicals you call something else?

Also I have no mnemonic to follow on the idea.

1 Like

The bamboo radical is squished in all the Kanji besides 竹

Ah, then I shall have AK-47s everywhere.




This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.