The 2017-2018 WaniKani Lifetime Sale

Yeah, that was ultimately what I had to do. Weird it doesn’t update itself, though.

I know, right?

Not really ninja when you were 9 hours behind

4 Likes

More like ghost ninja’d…posts from 9 hours ago are dead and gone.

Hey I have a permanent 50% montly discount from way-back-when textfugu days. Would that mean an extra discount of some sorts for the lifetime? Because I’m not sure it’s worth it since I’m already getting wanikani so cheap

As far as I know, it only pro-rates off of your current subscription. So that would be up to $45/$50 from the annual rate if it just renewed.

If you’re expecting to be done within three years (probable), the existing sub will be cheaper and divided into smaller installments. But no purple forum badge.

Yeah… I didn’t realize that at first. ^^;

If you get the lifetime subscription for WK, will you be able to use Tofugu’s other Japanese learning sites for free?

What about sleeves? What if we sold t-shirt sleeves?

3 Likes

just the free ones

3 Likes

It would not be an additional discount on top of the discount, I’m afraid

I would buy them!

Maaaaybe.

How about tattoo sleeves? Then we could rock a ‘soup’ kanji, but still enter the onsen.

4 Likes

Whelp, there goes most of my Christmas present money. That said, how could I aim to finish if I refuse to begin? May the great crabigator pincer my procrastination.

2 Likes

Ever since I’ve been using WaniKani, I’ve been making really good progress on my Japanese, so I did it, too!

1 Like

Just became a lifer. Started using this end July 2017 - I am amazed at how much Kanji and Vocab I am learning now. :slight_smile:

Now I just need something for my grammar… hoping EtoEto will come online soon!

1 Like

Check out bunpro if you haven’t yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sale is so good I might buy it again.

EDIT: It will not let me buy it again.

7 Likes

at least twice i have complained about having to see the lifetime sale banner. the reason being 1) i got my lifetime subscription just a few week before the sale. 2) I had only been doing wanikani for a couple of weeks, so I could not have foreseen that there would be sale.

So I didn’t want to be constantly reminded that if I had just waited a couple of weeks, then I could have saved $100. But this time I got this mail from tofugu…

"We’re having our annual WaniKani sale right now, but you already have a Lifetime account.

You did it. You win. You’ve bought everything there is to buy in WaniKani Land.

All we can do at this point is thank you for your support. You make all our Japanese language study shenanigans possible, and we really appreciate it.

That’s all. Have a great holiday, whatever it is you celebrate (or don’t celebrate).

Study hard, and let us know if there’s anything we can help with.
:heart:,
The WaniKani Team"

Well played, Tofugu… Well played… But you know what. It worked on me. A little acknowledgement was all it took. I no longer mind the banner. Perhaps, one might say, I even like the banner now. Just a little.

16 Likes