The 2017-2018 WaniKani Lifetime Sale

I joined WaniKani in mid-December and I was awed by how well structured and thought out it is for someone who is trying to learn the japanese language alone (and is incredibly busy at the same time). I just purchased the lifetime subscription and I couldn’t have been happier about it.

Thanks in advance for everything! I am here now for good. :smiley:

4 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh…
It’s a really tough call to make.

On one hand, I’m afraid that my progress will slow to a halt once I purchase a lifetime sub (as many here have mentioned).
On the other hand, being able to come back to it at any time is great, and considering my progress rate so far (about 11 levels in 9 months), I think I’ll be here for quite a while.

Yeah, I think I’ll make the jump
p_p

2 Likes

If it helps at all, at least in my experience, whether or not I had to pay for something had little to no effect on whether or not I stuck with that thing or not. The effect of paying for a subscription isn’t really all that big a determinant of how long or how well you keep motivation for something. Like a gym subscription, or… something else you have to pay monthly or yearly for.

JUST DO IT! ACCEPT THE ALMIGHTY CRABIGATOR INTO YOUR HEART!!! :hugs:

6 Likes

Considering my crazy backlog of games on Steam, that’s a very good point :sweat_smile:
Made the jump, all hail the crabigator :crab:

I see you’ve subscribed too, congrats!
That’s a crazy amount of progress for 2 months O=

4 Likes

Congrats to you as well! Purple looks very nice on you, if I do say so myself.

1 Like

You did not find any Raclette around your place? If you do, make sure it is from raw milk and not pasteurised milk!

I devoted 2 years of my life to the crabigator, let me enjoy a break :wink:

I did it ;o; Not a lot of money to my name at the moment, but it’s worth it. I joined a little over a year ago, and I’m still only level 9 (sob), but I have no plans of giving up on WaniKani. Knowing myself and how slow going I have been and will continue to be with this, it only makes sense to just go lifetime and save myself the monthly cost. Looking forward to keeping up and seeing lvl 60!!!

4 Likes

*Finishes latest reviews, ascends to Guru for each*

“Wooo, I hit Level 2!”

*Looks at top status bar* 42+ Lessons are now waiting for me.

sigh … this is gonna take a while.

4 Likes

Just remember to pace yourself. :slight_smile:

It’s not all that big a deal for the first few levels, but once things start to pick up (when items come back for Master, Enlightenment, etc), you’ll want to break large chunks of lessons up into smaller groups and space them out, because items you learn together, will come back for reviews together…

1 Like

I got lifetime during last year sale and it’s worth it, I confirm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How can you say that at level 58? in barely two levels you will be at lvl 60 and maybe a few months more burning the last items… Wasn’t it worth with just two yearly subscriptions?

1 Like

annnnd…here I am, barely intact from an internal battle of epic proportions.

In the end fantastic platform and community won out. Looking forward to years and years (more than two, at the very least) of fulfillment!

collapses into heap of exhausted relief

1 Like

Once you realize that you learned tons of knowledge in the last months with very few money, you start wanting to give back (if you can, of course):

Dived in at the last minute of the sale because I thought about it hard for 2 weeks but here I am!!:joy: Hope everything will be worth it.

3 Likes

Purple sure does look nice

2 Likes

Ask the vendor. If he/she doesn’t know, it’s probably pasteurised…

Ahh I wanted to take advantage of the sale but I don’t get my money in my account until tomorrow, it says until tomorrow does that mean tomorrow is the last day or today is?

Yes I just realized thank you xD. Can’t believe I started wanikani in 2015 and have been wanting to be in Japan for years but lost motivation and gave up, things kept getting in the way of my plans, probably partially due to the fact I feel I am getting too old to ever make it in Japan especially as a female. In my early 30s now. >_<

You’ll never make it if you don’t try, that’s for sure