The 0/0 Streak Challenge

It feels so good to have 0/0, even if I already know 90% of the kanji and vocab
Please be like that for 55 more levels :pray:

7 Likes

Actually I didn’t stop learning Japanese completely, which certainly helped, but I still got sooo many reviews wrong (especially the apprentice and guru items). I also used the self study script to drill items I got wrong more and sometimes go through my apprentice items in general, and I think that helped hugely getting back into it. Now I use it way less often (or mostly just for items I got wrong or recent lessons) because I’m getting more lazy again :sweat_smile:, but my reviews in general are now manageable, so it’s not too bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oof, I kinda did :sweat_smile: I did another mistake besides going super fast with WK - I skimmed through all Genki 2 when I just finished Genki 1 and burned out completely even with grammar. Now I will hopefully go steadily! And I need to get back to grammar…

2 Likes

My first 0/0 of lvl 24 =)
24/24 streak going! =D

9 Likes

I leveled 3 days ago… seems the level bug is still here =P

Edit: Fixed! (logged out and back in again)

5 Likes

Oh well, don’t worry too much :smiley: I’m doing that a lot as well. I’d probably be waaaay better if I was consistent, but…well… I’m not :sweat_smile: Most of my learning was done in bursts, then some breaks, then some catching up and trying to be a bit more consistent, then another burst and the cycle repeats :joy: It’s not ideal, but for me personally, I do always come back eventually and though I kinda hate SRS (because it just works way better if you are consistent…) I also kind of love it, because it offers an easy way to roughly catch back up as well and mix in a couple of new things as well. Not saying that you should be inconsistent :sweat_smile: but it’s not the end of all things either :wink:

3 Likes

I think it’s alright to give the brain some time to rest, at least for me:D I may study like crazy for several months but then I need to just lay down and succumb to the darkness. I hope to be not that inconsistent this time around :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks! That means a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cattura

I’ll start from here c:

5 Likes

At least I started and finished Genki 1, 2 and one and a half 日本語総まとめ books (and followed a bunch of VTubers and watched a bunch of anime) since I last posted.
Screenshot%20from%202019-01-12%2001-57-36

7 Likes

Quick shoutout to the folks behind the Tsurukame app for this graph design. That purple line is a lifesaver.

Just curious. Is it common to get 0/0 every day?
Like if this is true for you.

3 Likes

Wow has it been a while

4 Likes

You should aim to:

• Get 0 lessons before leveling up.
  • Get 0 reviews at the end of the day.

Sure, the world won’t end if you don’t do it. But it’s a matter of being ahead of your game before something suddenly happens and reviews come to bite you.

3 Likes

I’m always 0/0. I do my lessons and reviews as soon as I can

3 Likes

same. 0/0 毎日

2 Likes

I’m usually the same way.
However a fast level messed up my schedule because I was too busy at the time to do the vocab lol. So now i just make sure to do most, if not all, vocab by the time I level up

3 Likes

Just saying, y’all will regret it when the massive spikes of enlightened item will come for burning.
I know I did.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Agreed with Naphthalene. The best approach I’ve found is to do 10-20 lessons a day, so that the reviews also come in small batches. Yeah you level up slower but IMO it’s better for learning anyway.

If you big batches of lessons then the reviews also come in big batches, and it can get overwhelming. For example, I have about 70 reviews coming my way in 3 hours (see image below), 59 of which are burn items. If only I could do two sessions of 35. Fortunately my forecast doesn’t have many spikes since now I’m only doing 10-20 lessons a day.

Maybe breaking up the reviews is something worth implementing into WK. I’ve used Anki a lot and there’s a plugin which automatically breaks up big review spikes by shifting some of them around by a small percentage of time. But, maybe this is a topic for another thread.

1 Like