The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Level 42, streak 40.

8 Likes

This time last week I was 0/1100 :slight_smile: Needless to say I’m happy to have gotten back on top of things!!!

10 Likes

10 Likes

Haven’t really been counting, but pretty sure this is the third level that I’ve managed 0/0 on :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Streak 4! :cat2:

7 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you guys have a preference for getting to 0/0 before or after guruing radicals? Personally I like to do it before, and then if possible do it a second time before finishing the level since it keeps me from forgetting about lessons and needing to do more than 30 in a day just to keep my streak.

2 Likes

I did all lessons at once, 130-140 ish.

If I had to split them I’d start with radicals and old vocab and leave the kanji to last, that way you get 3.5 days of grace period before new vocab wave comes flying. That is probably the smoothest way of getting 0/0.

3 Likes

wow-- I admire your focus. When I do more than 20 at once my brain just stops absorbing the information and my accuracy goes way down in reviews, but I suppose you do most of the learning in reviews anyway, not lessons.

2 Likes

My accuracy first time around is about 80%, but doesn’t really matter since it will pop up again four hours later. It’ll smooth itself out. Now with recent mistakes with Wanikani it’s even easier, plow through all lessons, do recent mistakes a couple of times to get near 100% and you’ll squish the leeches fairly quickly.

Chances are that you’ll forget the weird ones first time around anyway.

But I’m one of the few people that like learning kanji, which is really helpful, and I rarely run out of focus.

The most important part is getting the old vocab and new radicals out of the way, so you can get the kanji which is holding you back until you can get onto the new level, so when you get to the kanji you won’t have a backlog of lessons and feel overwhelmed.

1 Like

Took a big break in the first 8 months of the year. But I few hours before I level up to Lv 29

10 Likes

I generally try to do it before guruing radicals so that if I mess up I get another shot at it.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Day 3/4 i forget when i started doing this lol

6 Likes

Level 32 done:

8 Likes

I generally find it easier before guruing radicals - when I guru radicals I’m probably also about to guru the first batch of kanji, meaning I’m unlocking both new kanji and new vocabulary, which makes it a bit harder. As long as I finish all the vocab from the previous level before I start any radicals/vocab from the current level, I can just barely clear all the lessons before guruing radicals by doing 15 lessons a day, with the occasinal extra lessons towards the end.

I agree with the method proposed by @x90PT , during busy periods I will leave some kanji for later and sometimes even do new vocab (with the reorder script) before them, in order to give myself more leeway. It makes levelling up a bit slower, but I like not having the psychological burden of seeing 100+ on my dashboard.

4 Likes

I did it!!! This time a couple weeks ago I had just under 1000 reviews and around 100 lessons, I am so damn proud of this!!

12 Likes

Reporting in to the セロ / セロ クラブ

11 Likes

Feels good!

10 Likes

Got back from 2 week vacation; Fortunately I have remembered over 90% of where I left off with no issues. Just need to get down the 500 review backlog, which isn’t too bad compared to some others here haha.

3 Likes

This has not happened to me in months with my moving to Japan for work and trying to settle in, and while it is not going to last long, I am celebrating while I can.

13 Likes