The 0/0 Streak Challenge

so yeaaaaah. I’ve had more than 100 lessons for a super duper long time and I’m working on cutting them down. I’ll be back later probably. not tonight though because I have a science project and an english project due tomorrow and I barely started either of them I should really try to manage my time better

11 Likes

Oh, this is a challenge now! I made it a habit to always have 0/0 the hour they appear and that’s not going to change!

6 Likes

I’m back…

3 Likes

~Voilà! 0 Lessons, Level 14.

4 Likes

You should be glad it’s not 14 xD
Everyone who fought through 14 knows what I mean.

First 0/0 of level 19! :grin:
i00

5 Likes

Took a week to clear the backlog

But finally finished

22 Likes

I never see 0/0. I don’t get through lessons fast enough for them to every hit zero.

8 Likes

Level 17

Phew

4 Likes

So how many lessons do you do each day? I’m probably older than 90% of you, but I find if I try to learn 10 new words a day, it gets overwhelming soon. I’m sure others can do it faster, but still it can get overwhelming.

1 Like

All of them. A few days ago did around 150. Of course I don’t remember all of them right off the bat, but getting them wrong and repeating them generally yields results in 2-3 days (basically before the next big batch of lessons from the next level). By the time the next level arrives I know 95% of them.
I do this partly because of enthusiasm and partly because of time restraints (I need to know ~intermediate Japanese by July).
Also about the overwhelming part… I tend to just trust my brain to do it’s thing (even if I don’t remember it, the information is somewhere in there and it’s gonna click at some point).

3 Likes

15 a day. It gets me into a nice rythm, I generally get 0/0 once or twice every level and my apprentice items stay below 100. I got overwhelmed a couple of times, before my 15 lesson rule, and I stopped doing lessons for a month or so.

3 Likes

Up to 40 or 50 lessons a day (but only when I’ve just leveled up) and no more than 12 lessons in one sitting.

Thanks. Do you ever “study” the kanji and vocabulary independently so you dat get as many wrong or do you just “trust the system” that they will eventually be learned?

3 Likes

It shall be done!
Bonus points for leechless?

dance

13 Likes

Level 19 woooo!!

9 Likes

Congratulations!

Stop being so perfect :weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

no u

5 Likes

Only the kanji. I practice handwriting them daily. As for the vocab, it just pops up in articles, songs, YouTube videos, shows/anime/manga and I tend to remember/“practice” it by seeing it in the wild.