The 0/0 Streak Challenge

I’ve actually leveled up quite a while ago, but with other activities it took me several days to finally reach 0/0 :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Level 11 check-in. Wow is all I can say so far. It was an abrupt change in intensity from 10 to 11, perhaps it has to do with tweaking my schedule. Regardless, I felt like I really had to earn it this time. Satisfying.

17 Likes

Guess that’s a streak of 2… or is it of 1? How do you even count streaks?
Expect me, level 60.

14 Likes

Streak: 3

Wow, end of level 2 I set vocab order to be first for level 3, and I was hit with 90 lessons upon level up! 40 were level 2’s vocab, and the rest: level 3’s vocab and radicals.

This morning I finally got through it all and was just hit with 90 Reviews!!!

The review was on Level 1 & 2 and the most amazing thing was that I was able to recall everything from Level 1!! I only struggled with 力, I was easily recalling the Kun’Yomi, and struggled with the On’Yomi for about 3 mins, and I was like “why am I thinking it’s Ricky and rocks…” and I just tried りき and it worked!!!
I’m really blown away about how I was able to recall all the On’Yomi for level 1 kanji after more than a week (10 days), no errors. WOW.
This system REALLY DOES WORK!!!

17 Likes

It’s been more than a year but I’m finally able to post in this thread again!!! Yay! :confetti_ball:

17 Likes

Got my 0/0 for level 10 too. I think that makes a streak of 4.

15 Likes

2 in a row woo! feeling way more in control now - going a bit slower and doing more vocab as I go instead of doing all kanji then vocab.
almost at the half way mark :smiley:

15 Likes

レベル: 十五
十五レベルの連続

14 Likes

Third in a row since my reset.

15 Likes

Just in time to find out there’s been kanji retroactively added to level 40!

14 Likes

Streak 3

Finally got the remaining Kanji lessons for Level 3. If all goes well, I should reach Level 4 in 3 days.

Does anyone know if I must Guru these Kanji first in order to get the remaining lvl 3 vocab lessons?
I really didn’t like that I had to do 40 Vocab lessons from Level 2, right as I leveled up to 3.
It was too much.

13 Likes

The vocab unlocked is directly tied to the kanji that are in that word. If you’ve Guru’d all the kanji in the vocab and you’ve gotten to vocab’s level, then it’s unlocked.

So yes, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for those lessons. Although you can unlock more vocab on your current level without leveling up if you don’t Guru 90% of the level’s kanji. (90% of the kanji is how it decides when you’ve finished a level.)

2 Likes

Finally, after my several months break, I had the motivation to do the 40+ lessons that accumulated! I was impatiently waiting to be able to post in this thread and finally, I can.

14 Likes

After a year and a half, finally going to be leveling again. I spent a year or so working overtime, while doing only a minimal number of reviews. I found doing the reviews in decending srs stage was best for when you’re buried in reviews, as when you do the reviews, the review count actually stays down for longer and there’s the motivation boost of burning items, then after getting through the bulk of the reviews it’s easier to focus on all those lower items that haven’t been learned as well. I’ve since switched to ascending to keep the reviews more in line with the srs timings.

18 Likes

13 Likes

This level is a nightmaaaaare. It’s not its fault; I lost a couple of days at the end of the last level for life reasons, and just managed reviews but not the last 70 or so lessons. So I started this level with a disgusting amount of lessons and only 0/0’d now, 4 days in! Usually I 0/0 about 6 or so hours in!! I’ve really felt like I’m drowning in reviews for the first time since I started; getting kanji again before I clear the backlog is a new sensation for me. This is going to be a longer level than my usual, but that happens! It’s okay! I’m trying very hard not to be discouraged and I’m really happy I’m posting now! It feels good to be 0/0 again!

17 Likes

Keeping up with the Crabigators :slight_smile: .

Lost a day on my last level, but at least managed to spread lessons out better. This level might go a little faster, because I’m taking a new approach to learning kanji readings and it seems to be working so far :slight_smile: .

13 Likes

Later on reordering script is super useful, since you are gonna have up to a 100 lessons before your radicals depending on how you have done your lessons before level up.

2 Likes

Level: XX
Streak: XIII

14 Likes

Level 20, here I come!

14 Likes