The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Once again, a 0:0 at level 9, but in all honesty, I start to feel a little overwhelmed. I keep pushing myself (which is a good thing of course) but at the same time I feel the need to put all that I’ve learnt so far to action, and that’s the tricky part, as it’s very hard to find material that I can read… So, if anyone have any idea where to find good practice material, please don’t keep silent. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

very happy to be here. first time I’ve had 0/0 in about a month… life getting in the way, me getting lazy - means I’ve spent almost a month on level 28. couldn’t face doing new lessons for a while there but kept doing my reviews. slowly started doing all the vocab from lvl 27 and now think I will hit 29 tonight so enjoying this brief shining moment in 0/0 time. big oof

10 Likes

Much later, here is level 48 :slight_smile:

13 Likes

There’s an app for reading that you can connect your WaniKani to so it keeps things at your level. I forget what it’s called but if you look at the recommendation lists for userscripts and stuff, that’s where I saw it.

Honestly though, I’m finding the best thing is to just read stuff I’m interested in really badly! I’m reading Chihayafuru manga, which is quite far beyond my level, but I’m going slowly and looking stuff up, and it works especially while reading storylines I’m familiar with from the anime. Also I’m listening for words I’ve learned when I watch stuff now.

I would not worry too much about putting things into action. Find some stuff you can read/do that is fun, because that will be the most motivating!

2 Likes

Level 17! Tragically, it is warm weather here and so I have become very stupid. I keep making really ridiculous mistakes in my reviews!! (T___T) Still concentrating on actively studying the current level’s kanji so I can keep levelling up fast!

11 Likes

0/0 Level 20 Streak
Fell off the bike a little and had to do nearly 400 reviews and a few lessons to get back to 0/0. Tough day, my accuracy definitly took a big hit from trying to do so many reviews at once. I’m closing in on a thousand items burned though, so that’s definitely motivating.

13 Likes

A little late but
Level 1 0/0

Level 2 0/0

Do you use KaniWani as well? It’s helped me with making less mistakes.

It definitely is, good luck to you

12 Likes

I always thought I didn’t need this thread - I did 0/0 without any outside motivation… Until the 40’s.
When I suddenly failed to do my daily reviews for fear of burn reviews.
Burning the more complex level 20 kanji was much more difficult than previous levels. I had gotten so used to my high accuracy that it really hurt to suddenly not recognize some kanji and their readings at all. Getting through these levels was pretty slow and felt bad, even with slowing down noticeably. Narrowly avoided burnout, I think.

I want the last stretch to be different. I don’t want to feel overwhelmed by reviews again. I’ll finish each day with no more reviews and reach level 60 without rushing or getting frustrated.

13 Likes

Streak #12
間に合った!
…but will continue at a slow pace.

12 Likes

Challenge completed for level 44.
I had another slump right after finishing the previous level. Yesterday got myself to do almost all of the critical lessons, and today finished the rest of the reviews. A shame that it happened in a fast level.

13 Likes

レベル: 十四
十四レベルの連続

12 Likes

The last few months I’ve kept up with reviews but pretty much stopped lessons because I’ve been focusing on grammar and reading in the absolute beginner book club. I think I missed 0/0 last level because of the slow pace. My first burns are coming up soon though, so I’m making a push to level up before then.

Nobody look at how long I’ve been on this level :flushed:. I swear my pace used to be 10-14 days per level.

13 Likes

Oh wow, been slow this level! :caught_durtling:
I’m Durtling hard! :durtle_noice:

I had zero zero earlier too, when I just finished the radicals. I forgot to post.
So here is my official level 8 post, with a streak of 8/8! :durtle_love:

14 Likes

5 streak :slight_smile:

14 Likes

0/0 on level 29
Current streak: 11

14 Likes

Missed 0/0 last level, but here it is again for level 41:

15 Likes

17 Likes

Level: XIX
Streak: XII

16 Likes

Thanks for your reply! What you say makes perfect sense and to be honest I have some japanese stuff at home - mostly Haikyuu!! related, but I have some 86 light novels too. :slight_smile: But I will look into that userscript you mentioned as it sounds interesting too.

I’m not very familiar with those yet and I plan to utilize them more in my learning process because so many others have mentioned them and I’m still clueless when it comes to those; this might be the perfect opportunity to dive into that pool of opportunities.

+1 for listening for words I’ve learned so far, I totally do that too! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

17 Likes