The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Took me a bit longer than usual but I’m down to 0/0 for lv 52! ^>^
This is my 52nd 0/0-streak. Will I keep my streak to the very end? :eyes:

12 Likes

I think this one’s gonna take me a while though, I have 300 reviews and 100 lessons (admittedly lost all motivation to do lessons since my streak isn’t in jeopordy and I can do them whenever I want) Looking back, this streak might have been more crucial to me finishing WK than I thought if this is what happens without it!

3 Likes

I have 0 reviews and 32 lessons and I hope to get my last 0/0 streak before the second wave of lessons arrives in 2 days.

3 Likes

Oh the pain of being one away from your next level!

17 Likes

Level 9 ~ Streak 2

11 Likes

Level 9 Streak 1 Before this I had a backlog of 800 reviews and 55 lessons. Here’s to holding myself accountable.

15 Likes

Level 50 still going strong :muscle:

12 Likes

I never thought of replying to my own post so I could keep track easier.
Totally doing that now.
:grin::+1:

Streak #2!

14 Likes

Streak post level 7! Age of enlightenment in 2 days.

12 Likes

Oh God, I’ve been getting 0/0 every night up to this point (don’t guess it’s much of an accomplishment at my current level so haven’t posted anything), finished level 3 today and paid for the subscription to get to level 4 and was greeted with this lovely sight. I’m scared lol, were the first 3 levels just to trick me into thinking I could do this??? Time to get to work!

10 Likes

Just gradually work your way through it. Make sure you use mnemonics to recall it easier!
(It might seem dumb, but the purpose is to make it memorable enough for you to recall it later. In time, you’ll forget the mnemonic and just remember the kanji/meaning/etc)

I was at your stage around 4 months ago. It’s a bit daunting to be doing the WK for actual reals, right? :wink:

But yeah, just work through it at your own pace and figure out your own system.
Pretty soon you’ll be like, “60 lessons? Let’s do this!” :grin:

1 Like

15th in a row

14 Likes

Level 42

Kanji is getting increasingly difficult to memorize…

16 Likes

The next few levels are surprisingly easy! I felt the same way, just to come to a few levels now where I knew most of the kanji already O_o
If you look in the right place you might notice how the levels up to 42 was hard for me, it is well documented in a secret place :wink:

But then it got easy! Especially 44 and 45 (maybe 43). I am just about to do my first 46 kanji, hoping there are some good ones here as well =D

4 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 34 - 15 streak @ 7day/lvl speed :cherry_blossom:

セーフ、セーフ!
Phew, that was close. My promotion into lv35 is just in 2.5 hours, so it took quite an effort last two days to catch up my backlog! Damn chores IRL, can’t you see I’m studying Japanese!? …no, you can’t? Uh, oh.

16 Likes

Yaay :partying_face: Level 10 - Streak 4 (29th Jan) - Got this one in nice and early! Only got to level 10 yesterday!

16 Likes

psst that deck is better than the website…just make sure to set the steps every 4hr, - 8hr, 24hr, etc to really replicate the SRS timings or fine tune it to your liking :grin:

Another crucial thing to do is make tons of subdecks to replicate the levels…I did this yesterday ((tedious)) but WORTH it… you can now study kanji /vocab specifically per level as you want.

this is how mine looks

4 Likes

#17 and the last one in the regular 0/0 streak.

Coming up:
0/0/0: 0 locked items, 0 lessons, 0 reviews
0/0/0/0: 0 locked items, 0 lessons, 0 reviews, 0 apprentice
0/0/0/0/0: 0 locked items, 0 lessons, 0 reviews, 0 apprentice, 0 guru

And finally:
0/0/… … … … … … …/0: read, understand, speak Japanese perfectly

Still much to do.

17 Likes

So I was lazy and didn’t wanikani for a while, everything built up and I forgot new stuff but… I did it, even though…

Kill me please, lol… I finally got there but it’s gonna throw another 500 back at me in the next few days… 283 in the next 24hrs, this is what happens when you have over 500 items in your ‘apprentice’ queue. Aaaaah…

14 Likes