The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Managed to pull this off 11 minutes before my final reviews for level 18. Whew

10 Likes

:durtle_tomato:

10 Likes

You will need to make the choice that is right for you, of course, but just so’s you know, the re-order script is pretty much the only script I use because I truly need it, so at least some people (me) really benefit. My process is to get my radicals out of the way when I first level up, then do the kanji and vocab lessons in the days after, while I’m working on getting the first radicals to guru. The reason is to keep myself levelling up quickly (~8 days per level) while I have my reviews more even because I didn’t do a ton of lessons on any one particular day.

Without it I would either level up really slowly, or do 60+ lessons in one day, and either way, I would have this “lull” at the end of the level where I don’t have any new lessons and barely any reviews for 3 days, and then back to 100s of both, which is TORTURE for me just waiting to get kanji up to guru at the end of the week.

4 Likes

Also as long as you don’t use reorder for lessons, everything should be fine. Just using it for large review piles will help you prioritize level-up items, or items that have been in that pile the longest.

I agree however that ignore and double check require a lot of discipline and can be a slippery slope sometimes

3 Likes

I might use it if I get a huge backlog that needs to be taken down, oldest first, but try avoid that from happening to begin with. I will try to not focus on speed, and just level at the pace that comes natural :turtle:

3 Likes

Still going strong

6/6

9 Likes

Barely made it, as i am about to level up :sweat_smile: Feels good to have finally cleared it out though!

13 Likes

10th level streak, cleared my lessons quite in the level early this time:

14 Likes

Very pleased to finally be in the 0-0 club. I think the last time was in the single digit levels.

14 Likes

皆さん, you gotta believe me: I had 0 lessons this morning. But sadly I cleared my review queue too late and now I leveled up (⌣。_ ⌣”):

This still counts, right?

13 Likes

#14 in streak

The last levels contain more and more weird kanji and vocabs. Sometimes even jukugo vocabs can’t be guessed from the kanji (like for example 熊之実: bear + this + truth = clownfish).

Between levels 17 and 54 I haven’t had a single day with more than 300 reviews, since level 54 I have had three of them.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Actually had a respectable number of reviews yesterday and today, starting the climb :walking_man:

12 Likes

Level 2

13 Likes

Level streak of two. Keeping a streak going is super hard during the fast levels.

11 Likes

on top of things so far :durtle_love:

13 Likes

I’m finding level 10 surprisingly easier than level 9, probably because I already learnt like 7 of the kanji from Genki :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Sure it does! I have no photo evidence of my streak either… All that matters is you knowing you’re keeping your streak up!

4 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 31 - 12 streak @ 7day/lvl speed :cherry_blossom:

Oh God, I’m almost dead. Tomorrow is my next promotion and I managed to get it in the last day.

NY holidays brought quite a lot of family meetings, so overall lesson backlog grown quite huge. Was almost ready to give up on my streak, but after all managed to make something impossible for me in last 2 days:

image image

oh my, 91 lesson per day, never seen such an amount. Usually it’d be load of my 2 regular days.

Have to note though, otherwise than contributing into this thread there would be no reason to brace myself this much… So I’d be much more slacking not only this time, but in general as well. But now it makes me keep the pace and thus steadily move to my goal! So I’d like to thank all other 皆様 participating this challenge and wish you whole bunch of 頑張s to keep your own pace as well :star2:

14 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, I slack on everything so this is the only thing that keeps me from having lessons from 3, 4, maybe 6 levels ago. But now I have my… wow, 38 level streak, to protect with everything I’ve got!

9 Likes