The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Oh god, finally I’m up to date again! Since lv16 I was hard backlogged due to circumstances and it took real efforts to push lessons down from 200 mark! With 7days/lvl speed, new lessons avalanched way quick.

Though this time I managed to develop reliable schedule, so from now on I should keep my WK journey on more comfortable way.

Especially I’m proud being able to hit 0/0 mark during first 20 levels, with 3 examples/vocab still here. So from lv21 on I should have even more time for supplimentary studies.

EDIT: looking back at my mark-200-post

…well, it took 19 days after all.

13 Likes

I guess I did slow down a little, 11 days instead of 7 ^^ happy, @kozumikkucrepeon? :stuck_out_tongue:
レベル三十三

15 Likes

Last one with a 1 in the front

14 Likes

Got my level up this morning! :partying_face: I finished my lessons some hours later. Now I just have waves upon waves of reviews to get through. It’s gonna slow down tomorrow, as most of these items will be in apprentice 3 by then. ^^;

15 Likes

I added you, waiting for the response :slight_smile:

There is no official WaniKani Discord Server. But there are a lot of threads with their own dedicated servers for their WK or fun related activities.

I don’t. It might seem like much, but I don’t really feel that’s true. I take my time with the kanji, taking notes on the upcoming vocabulary and readings - concentrating on that mostly. I read the mnemonics for the meanings and try to commit them to memory (or create my own ones sometimes). The vocab shouldn’t be hard if you do them immediately after guruing the last the level’s kanji + vocab, as they merely reinforce the kanji knowledge and vocab that you should know by then (I don’t use any reordering). Those lessons really just takes minutes to complete, but is basically just the time to do the quiz.

Then I let the SRS take care of making me learn the items properly.

My main priority during review for a new level, is to nail the radicals, then as many of the kanji as I can, and then the vocab. By the end of day one, most items should be in apprentice 3 with some stragglers that I’ll focus on more specifically when I fail them.

I hope that helps with understanding my learning process. It might not be for everyone. But, I don’t think the human brain has some set number of items it can learn/ day. The sky is the limit rather.

I do that all the time in computer games :video_game: (learning names for equipment, “recipes” for how to make recovery items, craft stuff, stats for weapons, strategies for gameplay, names of characters etc etc etc.). You learn tons of stuff in games. So, I don’t think there is a problem with learning 70 items (a typical amount on levelup) in a single day. ^>^

2 Likes

Phew :relieved: just in time for level up

16 Likes

interesting. i did try that a while back i didn’t really enjoy the spikes in reviews that comes with doing big batches. to each their own.

1 Like

Streak: 58 levels

Accuracy is dropping slightly from the higher workload, but not too far to be unmanageable.
One more week!

17 Likes

wow almost there!. every time i see your profile i see an eyeless koala lazying on a couch. then i notice the beak

2 Likes

It’s Reginald from Nedroid. Specifically this comic.

http://nedroid.com/2012/09/refriginald/

5 Likes

Level 43.
20 Level streak! Or maybe 21 I do not quite remember. Been 0-0ing ever since quarantine!

14 Likes

I knew it! That bird looks familiar to me, but couldnt come up which comic it was.

2 Likes

People like @ekg san are outliers :joy: if normies like me and you (based on your comments) try that we will be burnt like a barbecue :stuck_out_tongue:

@ekg san I knew you were special but I didn’t knew you went this far :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

LVL 22: 0/0 streak #22. despite weird internet today and lots of time-outs i managed to somehow work through all my lessons after guru’ing the radicals. almost caught up now to my previous level and i remembered only one or two kanji from my last run. now with really completely new items i have to remind myself again that sometimes having low review accuracy is normal :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Level 19 - an unexpected early 0/0.

13 Likes

Checking in for level 20, now on a 8 level streak ^^

Did my 33 kanji lesson just now and then 140 reviews, eep.
Im noticing a worrying trend…

14 Likes

man I used to love that webcomic, i used to have a long list of webcomics I’d read regularly and I just sorta stopped one day…

anyways here’s my level 30!

13 Likes

First 0-0 in death level :skull_and_crossbones:

14 Likes