The 0/0 Streak Challenge

I doubt this will happen until summer is over and I have more time. But I can give it a shot! I have a time of lessons right now, I’ve been procrastinating. <_<

2 Likes

Kind of. I actually do them over a couple hours upon leveling up.
Doing a ~30 lessons is fine. Then an hour pass, I’m bored at work I’m motivated to do some more, so I have another go. Then only 20 or so are left, and I’m like, “I might as well be done with that”.

5 Likes

this sounds like a bit of fun!
i have achieved 0/0 a couple of times this level, don’t tell me it becomes harder to do as you level up…

10 Likes

Level 39

14 Likes

Cheers!

Also, trying to be a good boy during my bank holiday:

8 Likes

I personally almost never do all the lessons at once. Mostly because it happens mid week and having a full time job I don’t have enough energy by the end of the day to drill through them (I’m definitely not a morning person, so can’t do them in the morning either).

I use the ordering script for the lessons, so as soon as I unlock a new level, I do immediately the radicals. This gives me three days to do the 20-ish kanji before unlocking the second half of the level. If everything goes alright, in three days I have the new radicals memorised to guru (which unlocks the second half of the level) and have reviewed the new kanji a couple of times (I don’t bother about vocabulary at this point, unless it’s a happy week and I have enough time and energy to do them). Once the second half is unlocked, I study the new kanji first (which are way less than the first half, usually around 5) and then do the vocabulary before the next level starts.

My level cycle is around 9 and a half days.

3 Likes

1 Like

Even though level 8 means nothing :thinking:

9 Likes

I can’t help but read the 0 steak challenge…

9 Likes

Haha - I had to turn myself into a morning person.
After 2 weeks of waking up at 5am to do my reviews and genki study it has made a massive improvement in my studies :slight_smile:
Found it improved my working day as well as i was more alert by the time i got to work.
However i am pretty exhausted come 9pm.
Although now on weekends i find myself always up at latest 6am wanting that coffee hit haha.

5 Likes

Same here. I used to wake up 30 minutes before I absolutely had to leave my house in the morning. Now I get up AT LEAST 2 hours before. Japanese does magical things.

7 Likes

Still going strong. Excited (probably shouldn’t be) for fast levels in a month.

10 Likes

These days I wake up fifteen minutes before I need to go, do what I need to do and usually skip breakfast. Although sometimes I wake up earlier. Lol

3 Likes

I tried it… lasted 1 week… I should probably try again.

1 Like

19%20PM
Did 1100 reviews and 500 lessons over the last two days :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Even with camping all weekend with no signal, I somehow managed this before the second half of the level. Level 29!

14 Likes

Every level means something! Good job!

1 Like

Another personal record for longest time before reviews. This time on level 10!

5 Likes

53%20PM

Yay! I’m sure it gets harder to achieve this lol.

9 Likes

00lvl2

I cheated, I just reset my account to level 2. xD

Was at 17 with 800+ reviews and I don’t remember how many lessons because I wasn’t even looking at those, but every time I tried to catch up I’d burn out after a few days and end up not coming back for a couple months, so I figured I needed to do something drastic to get back into it. Hopefully this works!

11 Likes