The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Getting in and keeping the rhythm!

6 Likes

Fonzarelli

6 Likes

I kinda forgot to post the first time I reached 0/0 in this level. I’m almost done with level now, so you will probably see me soon.

Keep burning turtles (??)

6 Likes

I really never have a problem doing my lessons, I don’t get the fuss. Vocab lessons are easier the kanji lessons, but even the kanji isn’t very much at all, I just might spend longer to make sure I remember the kanji’s story.
But on the other end of the scale… I get absolutely dumped on with reviews. I get 700 daily. Is that bad?

1 Like

Was in the same boat 2 weeks ago… 頑張れ! Just throw on comfy music and try tackling at least 200 daily

2 Likes

Daily?!! That’s four days in one for me :sweat_smile:

If I expand it to 7 days the reviews timeline tells me I have 988 upcoming items :eyes:

4 Likes

:sparkles:

10 Likes

If i don’t mention it, nobody will notice that it’s not level 32 but 32 leeches

9 Likes

Struggled a bit to get the count down to 0/0…

But I’m glad to be back on track (loosely speaking) after my 88-day level 7 disaster. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Generally, yes! That generally indicates that you’ve got a lot of Apprentice items (since those are the ones that come up for review more than once a week). To avoid this and keep review loads down, people seem to try to stick below a certain number of Apprentice items by only doing lessons when they’re below a certain count (anywhere from 100 to 200 is pretty typical? you’ve got 862).

Apprentice counts CAN get to high from overdoing it on lessons, but more commonly it’s from having a lot of leeches (items you keep getting wrong). There are scripts for doing extra study of leeches that people use, or you can just churn through the pile until it gets smaller, but when that stack gets really tall it can really help to slow (or stop) lessons until reviews become more manageable. (In theory if you’ve got the time, you could stick with things as they are, but even if you’re able to clear your review stack every day, if it’s never getting smaller than you’re continuing to get items wrong and putting them back on the stack.)

Another contributing factor is probably that I’ve only just gotten back into the groove of wanikani, I’ve been on the same level for 191 days. It should calm down if I just brave the storm for a week or so, right?

it depends, but in general it migth be around “normal”…

well, with level 23, there are days with 300+ reviews, but soon burns will be added, so it can be expected to be 400+…

sometimes it is like this:

good thing that this silence covers an upcoming flight, so it is much appreciated to receive such mercy from :crabigator: - no reviews this time are welcome…

1 Like

Level 26 get

8 Likes

Ah yeah, that would definitely do it! I’ve not taken any time off yet, so take this with a bucket of salt, but I imagine that it’s best to hold off from any lessons until your review loads (and apprentice counts) have been reduced significantly. Some may suggest using the self-study script in between review session (especially on leeches) to help you remember all those old items and keep from failing them constantly. YMMV.

6 Likes

Level 14! Just in time before leveling later today.

9 Likes

Beautiful sight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: …even if it’s not going to last very long lol

10 Likes

Actual streak begins! Level 23 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Soooooo cloooooose

(114 apprentice reviews next hour, lessgo)

12 Likes

6 Likes