The 0/0 Streak Challenge

A little late but
Level 1 0/0

Level 2 0/0

Do you use KaniWani as well? It’s helped me with making less mistakes.

It definitely is, good luck to you

11 Likes

I always thought I didn’t need this thread - I did 0/0 without any outside motivation… Until the 40’s.
When I suddenly failed to do my daily reviews for fear of burn reviews.
Burning the more complex level 20 kanji was much more difficult than previous levels. I had gotten so used to my high accuracy that it really hurt to suddenly not recognize some kanji and their readings at all. Getting through these levels was pretty slow and felt bad, even with slowing down noticeably. Narrowly avoided burnout, I think.

I want the last stretch to be different. I don’t want to feel overwhelmed by reviews again. I’ll finish each day with no more reviews and reach level 60 without rushing or getting frustrated.

13 Likes

Streak #12
間に合った!
…but will continue at a slow pace.

12 Likes

Challenge completed for level 44.
I had another slump right after finishing the previous level. Yesterday got myself to do almost all of the critical lessons, and today finished the rest of the reviews. A shame that it happened in a fast level.

13 Likes

レベル: 十四
十四レベルの連続

12 Likes

The last few months I’ve kept up with reviews but pretty much stopped lessons because I’ve been focusing on grammar and reading in the absolute beginner book club. I think I missed 0/0 last level because of the slow pace. My first burns are coming up soon though, so I’m making a push to level up before then.

Nobody look at how long I’ve been on this level :flushed:. I swear my pace used to be 10-14 days per level.

13 Likes

Oh wow, been slow this level! :caught_durtling:
I’m Durtling hard! :durtle_noice:

I had zero zero earlier too, when I just finished the radicals. I forgot to post.
So here is my official level 8 post, with a streak of 8/8! :durtle_love:

14 Likes

5 streak :slight_smile:

14 Likes

0/0 on level 29
Current streak: 11

14 Likes

Missed 0/0 last level, but here it is again for level 41:

15 Likes

17 Likes

Level: XIX
Streak: XII

16 Likes

Thanks for your reply! What you say makes perfect sense and to be honest I have some japanese stuff at home - mostly Haikyuu!! related, but I have some 86 light novels too. :slight_smile: But I will look into that userscript you mentioned as it sounds interesting too.

I’m not very familiar with those yet and I plan to utilize them more in my learning process because so many others have mentioned them and I’m still clueless when it comes to those; this might be the perfect opportunity to dive into that pool of opportunities.

+1 for listening for words I’ve learned so far, I totally do that too! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

17 Likes

I’ve actually leveled up quite a while ago, but with other activities it took me several days to finally reach 0/0 :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Level 11 check-in. Wow is all I can say so far. It was an abrupt change in intensity from 10 to 11, perhaps it has to do with tweaking my schedule. Regardless, I felt like I really had to earn it this time. Satisfying.

17 Likes

Guess that’s a streak of 2… or is it of 1? How do you even count streaks?
Expect me, level 60.

14 Likes

Streak: 3

Wow, end of level 2 I set vocab order to be first for level 3, and I was hit with 90 lessons upon level up! 40 were level 2’s vocab, and the rest: level 3’s vocab and radicals.

This morning I finally got through it all and was just hit with 90 Reviews!!!

The review was on Level 1 & 2 and the most amazing thing was that I was able to recall everything from Level 1!! I only struggled with 力, I was easily recalling the Kun’Yomi, and struggled with the On’Yomi for about 3 mins, and I was like “why am I thinking it’s Ricky and rocks…” and I just tried りき and it worked!!!
I’m really blown away about how I was able to recall all the On’Yomi for level 1 kanji after more than a week (10 days), no errors. WOW.
This system REALLY DOES WORK!!!

17 Likes

It’s been more than a year but I’m finally able to post in this thread again!!! Yay! :confetti_ball:

17 Likes

Got my 0/0 for level 10 too. I think that makes a streak of 4.

15 Likes