The 0/0 Streak Challenge

I spent a month clearing a 600 lesson backlog. I also have flaming turtles, been using it for afk reviewing

3 Likes

This is actually my second 0/0 in the level. I forgot to post the first one D:

Also, the 14th was my anniversary on Wanikani, so… I guess I will reach level 60 around april of 2021? D:?

9 Likes

Oh gush. How do you guys keep up with vocab? It’s just like a blink and woosh, there’re hundred new vocab lessons! Sorry for ranting, I’m just jealous.

3 Likes

By being exposed to native Japanese materials and adding more vocabularies on Kitsun’s @jprspereira ‘s WK Expansion Deck.

3 Likes

So do you advise to stick with another resources even on my level?

2 Likes

Yes.

3 Likes

I find the vocab to be much much easier to learn than the Kanji, since they’re mostly just derived from the meanings of Kanji we already know. And if they use the taught readings then they’re that much easier, so I normally go through a level’s unlocked vocab in 2 days or so.

3 Likes

Thank you. I was convinced that for beginners WK for a start is enough and after fifteen level or so it’s make sense to start expanding learning experience.

1 Like

Kanji is trivial, different readings and rendaku for vocab is confusing, is it just me?

1 Like

I find recalling the vocab to be a bit harder, but learning them/doing their lessons is much faster since I don’t have to do a full mnemonic for their meanings. If there’s a tricky rendaku I’ll try to think of a mnemonic specifically for it if I get it wrong repeated (ex. 料理人「りょうりにん」- chefs like nintendo!)

1 Like

Current streak: 25 levels

Leveled up last night at 10pm. Tried front-loading my kanji lessons this level, which is new for me (normally I won’t reorder lessons besides doing radicals first). I figure this will help to prepare me for fast levels, since I’ll be trying to do all the Kanji lessons at once for those.

Still doing optimal level ups, it’s nice seeing a flat graph here.

6 Likes

Do you use the same approach for a mixed kun’yomi/on’yomi readings?

1 Like

If it’s an unusual reading or one that doesn’t use the standard reading, then yes. Basically if I find I’m not remembering it then I start trying to think of a mnemonic/way to remember it.

1 Like

Looks like you’ll got to the sixtieth level with that pace way before a year, really beautiful graph.

2 Likes

Do you mind to share you accuracy stat just for a science if it’s ok with you?

1 Like

Sure, here’s some more stats.

4 Likes

It’s looks… well, incredible. Do you using self study script extensively?

1 Like

I occasionally use BISHBASHBOSH to review recently failed items, but otherwise I never study WK items outside of the reviews WK provides me. Going at full speed though, there’s always plenty of WK reviews so I don’t think I’d have much time for study outside of that.

The other form of “study” I’ve recently done/completed was finished my playthrough of Danganronpa in Japanese. It took a few months but it was very satisfying to get through it all the way in its original language (I hadn’t played it before in English). I actually tried playing through it like 6 years ago but stopped at chapter 3, and picked it up again in 2019. If you try playing/reading something like this I cannot recommend KanjiTomo enough, it speeds things up so much for the Kanji you don’t know.

4 Likes

After hitting about 90+ lessons last level, I was resigned to being behind from now until Level 60, but I finally managed to hit 0/0 for level 44.

11 Likes

Thank you for the leads.

1 Like