The 0/0 Streak Challenge

Not a big deal because I’m still level 4… I’m just trying to maintain the routine of always clearing up lessons and reviews as they come. Since I go through lessons too quickly I tend to drop to 50% accuracy on new kanji and it takes me a couple of days to actually learn them but on the other hand it takes virtually 0 effort from my end

4 Likes

that would be ultimate timeline, dashboard progress plus and golden burn ^^

1 Like

Leeches? I don’t see any leeches!

3 Likes

Fine! I did the work and I’ll enjoy the moment while it lasts.

I did figure something out while I went through the leeches (Leech Trainer script): 湖 is in its kunyomi a portmanteau of 水 and 海, which actually makes sense.

6 Likes

what do you use to see the leeches? I think I have a few… Every level I have 2/3 leeches that take a couple of days longer

Leech Trainer script

But it’s kind of broken currently. There’s an update available at the bottom of this page:

(Just install the second one, not the first link I provided.)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Screenshot%20from%202018-10-15%2010-24-41

Here’s for level 5.

5 Likes

The amount of vocab when reaching level 5, holy moly :sweat_smile:
It took me 3 days before I could finally start learning the radicals.

I guess without the re-order script it’s pretty tough to keep a decent pace? :thinking:

7 Likes

01%20PM
Not sure if it counts at level one, but hey.

8 Likes

It does! Now you just need to come back at level 2 :wink:

I’m super lucky because I have some downtime at my job (in Japan) which I can use to study Japanese. I’m grateful for that time, because my dashboard usually looks like this!

5 Likes

0/0, but yikes! Tomorrow’s going to be busy.

7 Likes

It always counts! You’re just starting your 0/0 leveling streak from 1! Also enjoy it while it lasts!!

1 Like

Having to really motivate myself sometimes now to hit 0/0, so I’ll start keeping track now I’m out of the Pleasants.

6 Likes

the re-order script has its pitfalls (frontloading kanji and thus neglecting vocab) but being able to get the radicals out of the way after levelling up is really nice. especially from level 14 onwards, where there are never more than 9 of them.

but, yeah, i personally couldn’t do 8-day-levels without reordering.

I’m back. Huge backlog stomped and all lessons done.

Let’s rock!

7 Likes

Hmm, how do you suggest I should use the re-order script correctly? I had >100 lessons at the point of reaching level 5, and it’s quiet scary. :scream: Basically the same problem with @Greggics.

there is of course no one “correct” way but my workflow nowadays is:

• level up
  • reorder to only learn radicals
  • do batches of mixed vocab+kanji lessons
  • get to 0/0 before leveling up

so i only use the reorder-script very sparingly - to frontload radicals. the amount of lessons is the same for everyone anyway and reordering won’t change that ^^ just don’t be intimated by big numbers and work the items away at a pace comfortable for you.

3 Likes

Looks like a very solid strategy to me. If I were to use the re-order script, I’d most likely just re-order the radicals to start guru-ing them right away, because they have been very easy compared to kanji and vocab so far. While doing that, I could clear the vocab of the previous level.

I have no idea if it’s always going to be so much vocab each level from now one, but if so, it would take me 3 or 4 days longer for every level up, just because the radicals get delayed so much. So I’ll probably check out that script if the next level is basically the same.

I hope user scripts also work on mobile phones; doing review and lesson in bed in the morning is very comfortable. :grin:

1 Like