Thank you jprspereira! :)

Wow, it’s almost been a year since I started this thread lol

And thanks to both @jprspereira and @plantron :slight_smile: I’m trying to keep a fairly steady speed heh Altough now I have over 2000 lessons o:

3 Likes

This is my current wkstats! I’ve had some pauses lol Level 35 is longest because I was getting my drivers license :joy:

3 Likes

:heart:

2000 lessons? And why are you skipping vocab? :sweat_smile: That is hurting your learning tremendously.

8 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty bad, but I guess I wanted to get level 60 first, then just get through all the vocab.

1 Like

2000 vocab lessons? Ouch. What’s the point in getting to level 60 when you can’t do anything with those kanji? You won’t know essential words. You can’t read. Not to mention you will quickly forget those kanji since you haven’t cemented them in your brain with the vocab. You will just end up doing more work re-learning stuff compared to if you had just done the vocab and taken it slower.

There’s also the danger of losing motivation when you hit 60 and don’t feel like doing the lingering vocab (I’ve seen this happen). It’s not true lvl 60 without the vocab :stuck_out_tongue:

レッスン数がゼロになる前に、レベル60を認めない!

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll take a pause from leveling up and get through all my lessons now

5 Likes

Yup, so much this. What this leads to is creating this false perception of having a certain level of knowledge… and once reality hits and shows that we actually don’t know kanji that well like our level 60 badge says, it’s very easy to feel crushed by it. There are a lot of people doing this.

Just take your time and do like a certain amount of lessons a day that you’re comfortable with :slight_smile: Don’t go on doing hundreds of lessons in one go or you’ll be putting lot of effort on something that won’t work.

Keep us updated on how this goes please. If it doesn’t work well, a reset to a few levels lower (maybe when you started avoiding vocab lessons) would be a good idea to be honest. The vocab lessons reinforce the kanji so much more. Doing the kanji lessons is just half the work on knowing them well.

4 Likes

Yep, I will try to do small batches everyday, and in some months, it will hit 0 lessons again and then I can start leveling again, and maybe leveling too fast isn’t for me then because it gets too much if I have to do vocab at the same time. I will definitely do it slower when I get to 0 lessons.

1 Like

Keep us updated please :grin:

4 Likes

I will try! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since a month has gone by today, here is an update!

I started my lessons on about 2200, and today its down on the 1400s.

current pic

I have achieved this by doing 30 lessons a day, and skipping some days when my apprentice items goes over 400. I haven’t done my lessons today because I usually do them at 12 AM. But then it would be 1432, as of todays lessons!

4 Likes

Thank you, @jprspereira 先輩!
For being @jprspereira 先輩!

P. S. Sorry, it seems I’ve already posted in this thread - I forgot…
But the that doesn’t make my gratitude any less valid :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

This is great, congrats. Keep it up because level 60 essentially means nothing, what matters is that you learn the vocabulary to retain your kanji. Thats the whole point of this site not a number right?

6 Likes

Ofcourse! And thx!

4 Likes

Ohhh, those are some solid improvements :grin: Congratz :tada: How do you feel about learning vocab again? Feeling positive about catching up to the vocabulary?

Oof, that’s inside. I admire your ability to maintain that speed. Don’t be afraid of resting from lessons 2 or 3 days once in a while, as this will help you get control of reviews before they become too much and make you feel burned out :slight_smile:

I’ll continue following this thread, so feel free to update us all :grin::v:

5 Likes

Hehe yeah! Thanks! It feels awesome! Even after the first day I heard one of the new words I had learnt! Goes to show that it’s really bad to not do lessons! If I had to tell myself one thing before starting, this is that!
Yes, this is what I am doing! Pauses are also important! I think this thread has motivated me a bit as well, just because I wanted to post my progress X)

Ofcourse! I shall continue, and in some months, they will hit 0! (Then I can finally post my 0/0 picture on the 0/0 challenge thread XD)

4 Likes

Hi, I’m a random stranger, and I’m proud of you!

8 Likes

Wow, thank you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.