Teasing Master Takagi-san Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝・Volume 8 Discussion Thread ・ [Volume Complete!]

yeah finally finished…been too busy working packing and figuring out how to bring everything…hard to plan for a month long trip overseas…

anyway… this chapter was great (this is the cute couple that brings me back to the series)

this chapter really makes me hope for some fresh snow in Hokkaido (though it’s probably too early) … :snowman_with_snow:

5 Likes

And all our little hints of winter continue – once the season rolls around, gotta be careful not to slip on some 氷!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

go for Hokkaido!!!

---- this chapter is adorable… gonna finish the book this week so I don’t have to carry it with me…I already have the paperback but bought an electronic copy of the next couple of vols on bookwalker cuz packing for a month in Japan… space is at a premium with camera gear and other electronics

5 Likes

two replies in a row…dun dun dun… lol… it’s not 3 so it’s ok… finished this vol!!! enjoyed the last chapter and the bonus… nice and cute and it’s why I like this series…

If we are going to the next vol right away…That would put me back in Shibuya and on the way to Miyazaki on the 23rd :slight_smile:

can’t beleive this vacation is finally happening!!

meanwhile need to try to catch up on shadow house… falling super behind on that one!

4 Likes

Oh, hey, I should probably post the usual polls for end of volume and stuff, eh? I’ll get to that tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!

I hope you enjoy your vacation! You’ve earned it!

4 Likes

I’m doing my best not to completely derail the thread :smiley: with all the fun things planned and exploration

…tempted to make a post in the campfire area and post up stuff but haven’t decided…might end up being a lot of work…might actually prefer to do it after I get back… but will see :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really should get around to reading huh, nearly the end of the volume and I’ve barely been reading for that

I’ll try to do some tomorrow I guess

5 Likes

I’m glad you ended up being able to take the trip! I hope you have tons of fun

On the chapter, I know the point is to maintain the status quo but it feels like Takagi really shot herself in the foot here, Nishikata was all but ready to just hold hands hahaha

5 Likes

It’s the final week of Volume 8! As always, time flies – not unlike the stones in a bout of 水切り. :wink: (Okay, this one was painfully forced, I admit, but I’m still gonna roll with it. :joy:)

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes
How do you say déjà vu in Japanese?

From my reading this past week or so:

6 Likes

I’m gonna guess: デジャブ :wink:

4 Likes
Ah, you're fairly right.

5 Likes
I should have seen this coming, considering my prior reading... (元 spoilers)

(This is not chapter page 11.)

6 Likes

Gotta love those callbacks

3 Likes

Volume 9 discussion thread is up!

5 Likes

It’s me again had a question for the the bicycle chapter….

After Takagi reveals the reason why she didn’t bring her bike Nishikata has a thought bubble that reads as follows;

「オレが勝負を
しかけるところから
すでに…」

My question is what function does ところ play in this sentence since usually it means place or situation but is doesn’t quite ring a bell for me.

Best translation I have so far is this

オレが→ I
勝負を→ Match
しかける→ To challenge
ところ→ Place/Moment?
からすでに→So its too late

The place/moment I challenge (her) it’s too late?

Thanks In advance :))

Typo

3 Likes
Page 67

You can think of this ところ as referring to the moment in time that Nishikata challenged Takagi.

“From the moment I challenged (Takagi), it was already…”

5 Likes

ありがとう ございます!!

That actually helped a lot (^ω^)

2 Likes