Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ 惻 Volume 1

Itā€™s the right volume and series but itā€™s the English version.

2 Likes

Oh darn it! I am glad I didnā€™t order it, I knew I would miss something.

Yeah, unless you go somewhere that specifically sells books in Japanese, youā€™re probably not going to find the Japanese edition. Weā€™re about a week from the start date, you might want to consider getting a digital copy.

2 Likes

In the first post there are some links you can use to purchase the eBook. Use Chrome and set it to translate Japanese, thatā€™ll make it a lot easier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

out of curiosity, did anyone happen to order the book from CD Japan? I ordered around a month and a half ago and it still hasnā€™t come. Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s taking this long for anyone else or if I should just resort to the ebook in case it isnā€™t here by the 1st of May.

1 Like

I did (ordered the whole set)ā€¦but itā€™s usually here in a few days (Los Angeles area via DHL). CD Japan always provides tracking numbers so maybe check to see if itā€™s been shipped/lost? or maybe backordered? If itā€™s backordered it should show on their page but it shows in stock at supplierā€¦

Check your order status online and open the order scroll down:

If thereā€™s not a tracking no, shoot them an email and askā€¦of course depending where you are may take longer but in my experience they are really quick unless itā€™s backordered.

4 Likes

Hello. Iā€™ve read some light novels on my own, but this will be my first time in a book club. I couldnā€™t decide whether to do this one or the beginner one, so Iā€™m doing both :slight_smile:

4 Likes

CD Japan have a covid delay warning message on their siteā€¦ with a link to post JP. you might be stuck with surface mail it seems, which sounds like a really snailesque option :neutral_face:
I wouldnā€™t worry too much, though. you can still get the ebook at the very last moment on May 1st, if it doesnā€™t arrive by then. ebooks are click and go :grin:
anyway good luck for paperware!

3 Likes

I bought the digital copy through the Bookwalker link in the original post to read on iPad.

Their app is pretty confusing, but itā€™s serviceable given the short time until the start day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice to have @vegetalā€™s Kitsun deck and @parasoxicalā€™s Anki deck linked in the main post for easier access :slight_smile: @Phryne

@parasoxical Will that deck be updated with the later chaptersā€™ vocab or do you need to reupload the deck every time you change it? In order words, is it best to link directly to Ankiweb, or shall I link to your post and you collect the links for each chapter (or whatever) there?

With Anki, the deck has to be reuploaded every time I change it. My plan is to create separate decks for each chapter, and then one combination deck at the very end. Otherwise, I think reviews would take too long for some people since each chapter is probably going to be around 100 words (and I feel like it makes it easy since each deck has to be uploaded anyways).

2 Likes

Ahh, thatā€™s what I was afraid of. Iā€™ll link to your initial post about the deck in the OP then, and you can add extra links to that post once the chapters are ready.

1 Like

Super excited for this book club! Iā€™ve never done one before and this will be my first time trying to actually read a book in Japanese. But I couldnā€™t pass this up! The Takagi series is one of my all time favourites. Already had all of them in English but went a bit overboard when ordering for this book clubā€¦ Now stocked up with all the ones not translated yet, the moto series and the first 2.
Its also pushed me to start Bunpro and Genkiā€¦ had originally planned to wait till Lv10 going by Koichi;s guideā€¦ but Iā€™m too excited! Iā€™m so glad I can be part of such a great learning community.

6 Likes

Sounds good! Iā€™ll keep updating it, then :+1:

3 Likes

I ordered from CD Japan on the 13/4 and they delivered within a week. I chose the cheapest delivery option without tracking. But I am located in Australia so maybe that made a difference.

3 Likes

Got my book today from CD Japan. Iā€™m excited! I ordered it back on the 1st of April, shipped to Ohio USA, if anybody is still wondering about shipping times. Took a bit longer than I expected, but I picked the cheapest shipping option.

3 Likes

Pretty Excited, This will be the first time Iā€™ve read a Japanese book and the first time Iā€™ve ever done a book club. Will be nice to not just be reading stuff straight from textbooks

7 Likes

Excited about this whole thing. This going to my first experience of reading anything in japanese. So far, I know some very basic grammar and 10 lvls worth of WK. I was wondering if there is anything essential that I need to know beforehand, or my knowledge of basics and will to learn should suffice?

4 Likes

恦-form and informal ā€˜conjugationsā€™ (so the ones without 恧恙/ć¾ć™) will be very useful. You will want to check those out if youā€™re not familiar with them yet. For the rest: donā€™t worry, every conceivable question will probably be asked and answered in the discussion threads, so you will be able to learn as you go :slight_smile:

3 Likes