Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 1

I should clarify: By “chapters are a bit long for ABBC”, I mean compared with some earlier ABBC manga picks. The spareness of text on many pages definitely helps to offset this.

How about a threat to…encourage you :wink:

8 Likes

I’ve ordered my copy, my first ever Manga :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Mine too!! It feels like a milestone!

2 Likes

What do ABBC, BBC etc mean?

3 Likes

Absolute Beginners Book Club
Beginners Book Club

There’s also Intermediate and Advanced! Check out the master list :slight_smile:

We should definitely do a poll after week 1 to see if the tempo is fine for people, it can be hard to judge in advance :confused: But it’s kind of awkward to cut the chapters in half, which is why I went with whole chapters for now.

6 Likes

Hi everyone! :smile: This is my very first time joining the reading club and I can’t wait to start :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Thank you for asking, I had been wondering but was, apparently, overcome with idleness :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This seems fun! Going to try and finish Genki 1 by may in preparation

4 Likes

I chickened out of the ハイキュウ book club, but I’ll have another go with this. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

My favorite anime, so how could I not join the manga book club? :smile_cat: I’m gonna sort of cheat and start on the からかい上手の(元)高木さん* series in the mean time :stuck_out_tongue:

*spin-off where they’re adults

7 Likes

Super excited to start this, is it cool if I add definitions ahead of schedule, or should I wait until the stated week?

3 Likes

Sounds fun. I have heard of this series, but never got around to it, so why not try it in Japanese.

4 Likes

Looking forward to it! I loved the anime. My first untranslated manga.

6 Likes

Hi all. Excited to start. I’ve never even been in a English language book club so this will be a new experience!

3 Likes

Hey, maybe a dumb question, but how do you guys buy books on Amazon JP? It seems I can’t log in from my account, do I need to make an account with a fake Japanese address or something? Hoping to join you guys

1 Like

I’d like to join if I have the time! I’ve never read anything in Japanese before though so I’m a bit worried.

2 Likes

Count me in. I hope to finish Genki 1 until than…just started today :joy: also hope to manage to download the book from Bookwalker until than…I find it very tricky to buy when the site is in Japanese :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once you get to the cart or profile there’s an option of switching to English, it’s only the main site (and book listings and the like) that is in Japanese :wink:

Wow! ありがとうございます :smiley:
Guys…I have a silly question. I am at level 2 now and… I’ m feeling a little bit as a fraud. So many words in the vocabulary that almost always I have to look up after the reading or the meaning. The radicals go very smooth, the kanji the same, but vocabulary and katakana…This language really makes me feel pretty stupid.
But I hooe ti manage until the Book Club starts in May :slight_smile:

2 Likes