Teasing Master Takagi-san šŸ˜ćƒ»Volume 9 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

omg im so tiredā€¦ jet lag hurts (hehe leg lagā€¦ Same difference)

longest sunday everā€¦ 41 hours because of flight timingā€¦

6 Likes

Oof. Get some rest, friend!

5 Likes

I just woke up about 30 min agoā€¦ off tomorrow too ā€¦ took 2 days off this week trying to account for jet lagā€¦wed morning is gonna be painful hehe might be remote work day hehe

5 Likes

$1.25/hour, get a neighborhood kid to randomly move your computer mouse and answer a few e-mails.

(Was so much cheaper before inflation.)

7 Likes

if only that worked for all the conf calls Iā€™ll be onā€¦wed is a huge meeting day :smiley:

6 Likes

AI = shows video of a person that looks like you, and use voice changing software (can train to your voice in under ten seconds) so anything the kid says sounds like you.

Disclaimer: I am not actively using this on all my meetings. Promise.

Disclaimer 2: Meetings cost $3 extra per hour.

7 Likes

ummā€¦sure sureā€¦

5 Likes
Off topic.... laundry and bills day

now the question is when do I switch off wk vacation modeā€¦no way today!!!
today is bill pay and laundry dayā€¦ stupid reality and bills from shopping in japan :shopping: :japanese_castle:

budgeted almost everything expect didnā€™t consider all the shoppingā€¦ a little high but was hella convenientā€¦if anyone does spend a long time in Japan and doesnā€™t want to carry stuff back ā€¦

I used my tenso account and takkubin to ship almost everything from all over Japan (including kyuushuu and hokkaido) - using the stores or hotels mostly directly to the tenso addressā€¦thatā€™s not horribly expensiveā€¦surprisingly cheapā€¦even if you have to spend a couple of bucks on a boxā€¦

much easier than carrying around stuffā€¦just donā€™t ship anything thatā€™s restrictedā€¦thankfully I was there long enough one item that had scented stuff (possibly flammable) was restrictedā€¦so had them send it back to me at my hotel I was going to be in a week laterā€¦worked out okā€¦

The only downside for tenso that I have found is DHL is always cheaper by a lotā€¦ but I canā€™t really use DHL because they have all these restrictions and rules and want website addresses for so many products anything at allā€¦which I guess I could do but ā€¦not really feasibleā€¦so have to actually pay more for EMSā€¦but overall still easier than having to carry around no joke ā€¦ 7 large boxes of things, omiyage, xmas gifts and what notā€¦

If the budget allows and you are gonna do a lot of shopping, definitely would recommend using takkubin+tensoā€¦

7 Likes
Off-topic

For those of us who missed it, are you still taking addresses to send Japanese goodies to?

If itā€™s too late, maybe I can entice you with an AI-generated Takagi-Santa?

Only kidding, of course!

8 Likes

6 Likes

I just realized Ayumu and Nishikata are both trying to win in a match with their romantic partners, albeit for different reasons. I canā€™t believe it took me this long to notice that common theme haha

I feel your pain Nishikata

Off-topic

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed your trip! I know you were really expecting it and that it was a bit of a pain to get it to happen due to japanā€™s travel laws. Sounds like you found a nice way to get all the shopping done, though with so much convenience thatā€™s how they get you! hahaha

8 Likes

itā€™s always a trap :smiley:

5 Likes
I feel your pain Nishikata

Calvin & Hobbes

8 Likes

@MrGeneric since we have no weekly poll :tired_face:
did you take a vacation too hehe

finished this weekā€™s chapter and populated the vocab :wink:

6 Likes

I lost track of the days until I saw @ChristopherFritz posting his polls. :sweat_smile: Iā€™ll get that up shortly!

6 Likes

anxiously awaiting the ā€œread it already buttonā€ been so long since Iā€™ve been able to do that :joy:

6 Likes

Time for part 2 of å¹“ęœ«!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • Iā€™ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I wonā€™t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

Thanks for the vocab @shuly !

Thoughts on å¹“ęœ«ā‘”

A ć‹ć‚‰ć‹ć„ę”¾é”Œ ! Thatā€™s pretty daring :upside_down_face:

They do seem equally happy at the end of the chapter, but I would still give the edge to Nishikata since heā€™s the one who suggested a last showdown. Nothing could have made Takagi more happy at that moment !

9 Likes

Itā€™s true, he won before the game started, maybe thatā€™s also why Takagi thought up that game, she wanted to give the gift back haha

6 Likes

Hey! Just dropping by, since this seems to be the current active thread, to say hello and thank to everybody for keeping this going :slight_smile:
Iā€™m currently reading this as my first pure Japanese media and enjoying it a lot, reading 5 chapters a week. I just got done with volume 1 and following along the old discussion threads from last year.
Knowing that these keep up until at least this point is really encouraging. I hope to be able to catch up before this is all over :smiley:

Not super relevant to the thread, but felt like dropping by. See yā€™all in however long it takes me to catch up, probably.

10 Likes