Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 7 Discussion Thread・ [Volume Complete!]

decided to read ahead because I haven’t been able to click ‘already read it’ hahaha…the last chapter is super cute!!!

7 Likes

Hi there,

I’m pleased to be joining this book club ! I’m a beginner learner but I’m a fan of Karakai Jouzu no Tagagi-san Series and I’ve already watch the anime so even though I’m not used to read japanese, I have a fairly good understanding of the dynamics between the different characters.

I’m happy to have Takagi and Nishikata as my first Manga in original Japanese =D

I will try to read along and catch up the 6 previous Volume in the mean time !

11 Likes

Welcome to the club! I am very happy to see more people joining up! :grin: Feel free to ask any questions you may have in the respective threads. Most (if not all) of us have the threads set to watching, and we will be happy to help clear up anything that is ambiguous! Have fun, and I look forward to when you catch up! :grin:

9 Likes

Thank you, I will be in your care then ! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes
Story comments

Takagi is her own worst enemy sometimes, Nishikata had almost cracked the code!

8 Likes

Happy weekend everyone! I hope everyone is ready for the final chapter of this volume! There’s no おまけ this time, but I look forward to seeing what kind of 約束 is being made~

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

7 Likes
Balls

Even Takagi was surprised by them

6 Likes

Oh, is this the soda scene?
Just saw the clip a few days ago.

5 Likes

Yep, basically asking her out

4 Likes

Super cute chapter! Takagi was so happy :blush:

6 Likes

I’m melting :melting_face:

As of yet, the sequel to this chapter is an Anime original, I don’t know if it will ever be featured in the manga

I sure hope it will, the 夏祭り was really the Highlight of season 2

Has anyone seen it ?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, since Takagi moved to a different streaming service for season 2, I never saw it. Actually, I only saw season 1 when it first came out, so it’s been so many years, I don’t remember it clearly. So at some point, I stopped being sure whether we were still in the events of the first season or not :sweat_smile:

There has been unfamiliar stuff happening for a while now, but I was never sure because (anime season 1 spoilers) I clearly remember Nishikata thanking Takagi about something and her being super happy in her room at the end of the season, and I feel like we haven’t seen that in the manga yet.

So I was never sure if the stuff we were reading was actually past season 1, or if I was just not remembering.

4 Likes
Here's a rendering of what it might look like if drawn by this mangaka.

i-0116

(Well, if Takagi and Nishikata had the heights/proportions of characters from another series from this mangaka at any rate!)

And seen elsewhere...

7 Likes

Where I live Season 2 is on Netflix so it’s pretty easy to acess.

“I clearly remember Nishikata thanking Takagi about something and her being super happy in her room at the end of the season, and I feel like we haven’t seen that in the manga yet.”

I checked and the 3 stories featured in the last episode of season 1 are all based on the manga. However the scene you remembered is an add-on. As it would seem, they are rearranging the chapters when building up a season.
Modifying/adding extra events in order to build a narrative thread and reach a climax at the end of each season. I must say it’s pretty well done, I don’t know how much the author contributes on this, if at all.

I’m trying to catch up to this thread and I while doing so, I watch the related episode to each chapter I’m reading . For now the three first chapters are pretty much copy/pasted in the anime Version.

6 Likes

That’s Nishikata after puberty hits but you can definetely tell he’s fit from all the push-ups!

7 Likes
There's definitely a theme in the design of male leads from this mangaka.

Kenji:

Ayumu:

8 Likes

Ah, gotcha. No wonder we never ran into it in the manga.

4 Likes

Volume 8 Discussion Thread is now going!

6 Likes

I have a question about the first chapter :slight_smile:

Question

What are 北小 and 池小 that they are referring to in their self introduction?

I think I understand that they all just finished 小学校 and enter 中学校.
So probably 北小 and 池小 are the school they come from? But would that be the group they were in or the name of the school? Not sure what the customs are with 小学校 and school names.

and very detailed too, you can even see that Nishikata has just pick up Takagi’s dropped item and is wondering what to do with it!

2 Likes
re Question

I assumed they were the names of their elementary schools. What groups are you referring to? Like a school district?

1 Like