Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 6 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

Where might one find this pitch accent test? I’m sure I’ll also bomb it, but I want to see how badly. :laughing:

5 Likes

Mikagu higher-tier subscription, which gets the alpha releases (tool launched yesterday). It’ll come to the lower-tier subscription later, but I imagine won’t get a free release.

I’m hoping to one day reach a point where I get a sense of the pronunciation of words I don’t know based on Migaku’s pitch accent coloring for text:

(Well, that’s a bad example as I know all those words.)

7 Likes
Pitch accent test

ahahah. やはり、下手ですよ。

I didn’t take that pitch accent test you linked (can’t really justify paying for something I’m not likely to use more than once in a while right at the moment), but it is bookmarked as it seems interesting, and maybe I’ll circle back to it at some point, but I did find a free one.

Results: After 50 words (felt like a good enough amount), I probably could have gotten about the same score by flipping a coin. Some I felt really confident I was right, and I was wrong. Others, I had no idea, but went off of vague instinct and got it right. A lesser amount I felt confident about and was right. :laughing:

Maybe I should think a little bit more about pitch accent now that I’m this far in. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I was going to mention that one, but I didn’t know if it was free. (I didn’t sign up to check.) Glad to know there’s a free option out there for anyone wanting to give pitch accent testing a try!

Sounds about right.

5 Likes

Just caught up - seems like I picked a good time to do it with the multi-parter ending this week haha

Hadn’t started the volume until today, and got to the end of this week’s chapter within under an hour. Truly a far cry from taking multiple days to get through reading a chapter when I started

9 Likes
Pitch test

I hadn’t really paid attention to pitch so far, but it’s an interesting concept.
I did a test run before and then did this one, but I think I got the basic grasp of it, it’s sorta similar to the spanish “tilde” in that it basically accentuates a specific part of a word, however it has some differences that account for my errors where I can’t tell the difference between the options

Thank you for putting this up here Generic san!

3 Likes

Well done on that! Hopefully I can catch up to your listening skills!

3 Likes

i should register and check :wink: maybe later this week if I can remember

3 Likes

Happy weekend, everyone! As we come off our water slide into a treasure hunt this week, we are now only 3 weeks from finishing Volume 6! Next week, I’ll post the usual participation and start-time polls in preparation for Volume 7! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

This was a cute chapter. I thought it was all going to be a prank, where Takagi had created the map and revealed that when they reached the goal - but it was much sweeter than that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I thought the same… if he would get out of his head he could turn the tide if he just kissed her…she would turn red for sure… he’d certainly win that one haha

and with all that discussion over on the first vol… I keep wondering when we will see that eraser again… when she finally uses it up…

8 Likes

Good evening, everyone! Our treasure hunt is over, but now it looks like there’s something on our dear Takagi-san’s mind. I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! Looking forward to the chapter as always!

I will be posting participation and start polls for Volume 7 in the home thread shortly after this, so please check those out after you check in here! :grin:

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!

0 voters

6 Likes

cute chapter … this week is a nice easy read… very sweet cheering her up!!!

7 Likes

Loved this chapter! Accidental kindness, followed up by genuine kindness from Nishikata :grin:

7 Likes

Definitely a lovely, sweet chapter this week!

Story comment, and minor spoilers for Ayumu Ch. 76 as well!

A nice call-back to the first chapter, with the ビックリ箱. :laughing:

And for those who read along with Ayumu as well, it’s some coincidental timing that both Takagi-san and Ayumu had callbacks to their first chapters this week, eh!?

7 Likes
Comments

When I saw the box I knew we were getting treated to something special, and justly so:

On the topic of ayumu, I thought thie girl on the left was Maki until I realized I was in the wrong manga (kinda the same hairstyle I guess?)

7 Likes

I fell behind last week due to a crazy week at work, but all caught up now :grin: Like others have mentioned, love the sweetness of this week’s reading.

8 Likes

Hope everybody has a wonderful week! It’s time for the last chapter of Volume 6 and the bonus chapter! Following the polls, it seems we will be rolling smoothly along into Chapter 7 next weekend. I’ll have the discussion thread up this weekend (need a bit of time to flip through and make sure no surprises come up for scheduling), and it will be posted in the home thread when the time comes! :grin:

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!

0 voters

4 Likes

This time I was the speed demon :sunglasses:

Although not as fast as whoever filled out the sheet already!

5 Likes
目薬

6 Likes