Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 6 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

cute chapter … this week is a nice easy read… very sweet cheering her up!!!

7 Likes

Loved this chapter! Accidental kindness, followed up by genuine kindness from Nishikata :grin:

7 Likes

Definitely a lovely, sweet chapter this week!

Story comment, and minor spoilers for Ayumu Ch. 76 as well!

A nice call-back to the first chapter, with the ビックリ箱. :laughing:

And for those who read along with Ayumu as well, it’s some coincidental timing that both Takagi-san and Ayumu had callbacks to their first chapters this week, eh!?

7 Likes
Comments

When I saw the box I knew we were getting treated to something special, and justly so:

On the topic of ayumu, I thought thie girl on the left was Maki until I realized I was in the wrong manga (kinda the same hairstyle I guess?)

7 Likes

I fell behind last week due to a crazy week at work, but all caught up now :grin: Like others have mentioned, love the sweetness of this week’s reading.

8 Likes

Hope everybody has a wonderful week! It’s time for the last chapter of Volume 6 and the bonus chapter! Following the polls, it seems we will be rolling smoothly along into Chapter 7 next weekend. I’ll have the discussion thread up this weekend (need a bit of time to flip through and make sure no surprises come up for scheduling), and it will be posted in the home thread when the time comes! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes

This time I was the speed demon :sunglasses:

Although not as fast as whoever filled out the sheet already!

5 Likes
目薬

6 Likes

*Post reading final chapter*

Ah, I knew I saw a familiar scene. (spoiler warning)

(Why is panel three mirrored?)

7 Likes

that would have been me hahaha :wink:

nice to be able to use that button in the poll

7 Likes

Enjoyed how the bonus followed on from the last chapter, a nice way to round out the volume

8 Likes

Bridging a few gaps here.

In my 目薬 screenshot, Mina was tired because she was up late watching something.

I thought it was some intense sports show that happened to be on late at night, but actually, it’s an anime adapted from a manga.

That revelation comes near the end of volume one of Takagi.

As for the omake...

She’s appeared again!

6 Likes

I should have known the true speed demon was going to be one step ahead :joy:

5 Likes

Hey there friends,

A question on chapter 1 (デート), page 6,first couple of panels.
Before this, Takagi and Nishi enter a store to buy something to eat. Takagi asks Nishi an advice on what to choose and he says "yeah I like this one because the ナルト (naruto wakame? Naruto rolls?) are thicker (分厚い).

She answers: へー。じゃぁナルト(を?)賭けて勝負しよっか。

And Nishi goes: えぇ!?

So she: あはは冗談だよ。ナルト取っちゃ悪いし。

I don’t have a specific, question, I rather think I’m missing something somewhere because 1) I don’t see why Nishi is so surprised by Takagi’s line (it’s just the 1000th 勝負 right?), and 2) what she says in response doesn’t seem to be congruous with what she does later.

My interpretation: So, let’s make a challenge and bet on naruto’s. - Eh!? (Like in Canada right? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) - Ahahah just kidding! Because (し - listing reasons) to take/ pick (in the sense of choosing what to eat) naruto (取っちゃ - 取っては - は for emphasis) would be bad.
Also, emphasis because of は after the て form of 取る tells me that the emphasis is not on the object (ナルト) but on the decision of doing such thing as 取る). Right?

But then she proceeds in buying the same noodle cup as Nishi. Wasn’t it bad for some reason?

Edit: thinking about that ては grammar point… maybe I have a better guess: the translation of 取る is not to take/pick as in the sense of choosing what to eat (“I’ll have this one”) but to take away. So basically Takagi is saying that such a terrible action as taking away - stealing Nishikata’s meal in challenge would be bad? This may also explain why Nishi freaks out. He’s afraid of not eating despite being quite hungry, since he knows he’d lose a challenge agains Takagi.
Correct?

1 Like

In the sense of taking Nishikata’s naruto when it’s the whole point he’s buying that one in the first place.

2 Likes

So my last guess in the edit is right? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Just the naruto, though. Not the whole meal.

2 Likes

Right, as always I think so much about things that I start inventing stuff :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Question :raising_hand_man:

Chapter 石蹴り (can’t recall the number and I can’t see it from kindle but I think 2nd), page 14, 3rd panel.

Nishi and Takagi are playing 石蹴り and when what Nishikata believes it’s Takagi’s 石 falling in a hole in the ground, he bursts in joy for his (apparent) first win. But Takagi takes her 石 and shows it to Nishi, saying: 西片の勝ちってのは違うけどね。さて、じゃあ一回目蹴るか。

I don’t understand what 目 before 蹴る (to kick) is, can anyone explain? Is it like a counter for kicks as well?:joy:

Edit: also not sure in the last speech bubble of the page, “だって西片、蹴って運ぶとは言ってないもん。” I can’t make sense of 蹴って運ぶ, how is the て form joining the two verbs here?
I would instinctively translate this sentence as “because you didn’t point out wether the pebble should be kicked or carried (by hand) as well”?

3 Likes

目 is like “th” in English. 5回目 the fifth 回.
So 一回目 is the first 回, otherwise it would be just one 回.

て form can be used adverbially to describe the mean of doing something, eg:

ナイフを使って紙を切る: to cut paper using a knife

So 蹴って運ぶ: carry (the rock) by kicking . Except that he forgot to say 蹴って運ぶ when defining the rule, he just said 運ぶ :grinning:

4 Likes