Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 6 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

Home Thread

Previous Volume

Next Volume

Currently Reading: Volume Complete!

Summary

Middle school students Nishikata and Takagi sit next to each other in class. Takagi, who is in love with Nishikata, enjoys teasing him with embarrassing pranks and jokes. In response, Nishikata creates plans to get his revenge, but they always fail when she identifies his weaknesses and capitalizes on them.

Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 1 April 16th Chapter 1 (45) - デート 1 - 16 16
Week 2 April 23rd Chapter 2 (46) - 石蹴り 19 - 34 16
Week 3 April 30th Chapter 3 (47) - 似顔絵 35 - 50 16
Week 4 May 7th Chapter 4 (48) - ウォータースライダー① 51 - 66 16
Week 5 May 14th Chapter 5 (49) - ウォータースライダー② 67 - 82 16
Week 6 May 21st Chapter 6 (50) - ウォータースライダー③ 83 - 98 16
Week 7 May 28th Chapter 7 (51) - 宝探し 101 - 116 16
Week 8 June 4th Chapter 8 (52) - お悩み 117 - 132 16
Week 9 June 11th Chapter 9 (53) - 目薬 133 - 148 16
Week 9 June 11th Bonus - おまけ 150 - 153 4

As before, given how short the bonus chapter is, we will be reading Chapter 9 and the Bonus Chapter in the same week.

Discussion Guidelines

• Please don’t hesitate to ask questions, even if you think it’s a silly question. Helping each other learn is what book clubs are all about! :slight_smile:
  • When asking for help, please include the ‘ chapter page number ’. This makes it easier for others to help you and it makes the information in this thread more searchable. The ‘chapter page numbers’ are the ones in between the panels on every page, not the ones that occasionally appear at the bottom of the page (those would be the volume page numbers).
  • Please blur out major events in the current week’s pages and any content from later in the book/series by using spoiler tags: text here.

Where To Buy

Physical: Amazon JPCDJapan

Digital: Amazon JPBookwalker

Vocabulary

Chapter Participants

6 Likes

Sorry this is a little later than I intended to post the thread! Hope everyone is ready for Volume 6 this weekend!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

aww no option this time for finished all ready :rofl: haven’t started yet

5 Likes

just realized the reading schedule is just a touch off…

we are really gonna start vol 7 this week eh?

kidding aside…had me super confused for a minute though

kept thinking wait the 12th is a tuesday we don’t start on tuesdays…oh feb…duh hehehe

7 Likes

See the extreme lengths @MrGeneric has to go through to ensure you don’t read too far ahead of schedule?

7 Likes

Ah oops, I forgot to alter the dates. I will fix that tonight. :laughing: That’s what I get for doing things when still not 100% recovered. Head was still pretty cloudy that day. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Hmm… Not sure if I read ahead because I’m so used to a separate post to kick us all of…but since so much is being done to keep me from reading ahead I’ll stop at this chapter :smiley:

Cute… looking forward to see if there are any overlapping things to come :wink:

Fun seeing N3 grammar I just learned and trying to figure it out in this context…

6 Likes

oh fearless leader… @MrGeneric late posts aren’t a big deal…just having fun teasing… know you mentioned medical stuff…hope you are doing ok… in any case… if you need a pick me up this chapter was super fun!!! so adorable!!!

(vocab populated = my stupid memory and/or new vocab…looked up more than I want to admit)

5 Likes

I’m doing alright, thank you for checking! Just been a bit more tired than usual lately between work picking up speed and dealing with my illness! Had to work an extra day this week (today; usually I work four 10-hour shifts a week), so ended up calling it an early night last night. Hopefully things should start to normalize soon and I’ll be a bit more reliable at posting at the same time every week and can start being a bit more engaged in discussion again! Apologies everyone!

I look forward to this week’s chapter! Hope everyone is doing well!

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
0 voters
8 Likes

I wonder if Takagi is a lawyer in the 元 series, because she has rules lawyering down pat :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes
Before moving on to the next chapter, I have to share my favorite moment of 石蹴り

SMUG™

That is all.

With that out of the way, it’s time for the next chapter. Incidentally, I think here shortly, I think I’m going to start using the proper chapter numbering. Up till now, I’ve been limiting the chapter numbers within each volume, and that’s technically not the correct way for the chapters to be numbered, so for the sake of doing things the right way, I will likely head back and edit the schedules for each of the volumes to reflect their proper chapter number as per the usual numbering convention. It’s not a big deal, but just something I noticed, and once I did, it started to bug me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope everybody has had a wonderful week so far, and I look forward to the next chapter!

• I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!

0 voters

Edit: Wow, that was an embarrassing error there. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I selected “I will be reading along”, but I just noticed that I somehow completely failed to read last week’s chapter. (I was wondering why I couldn’t place @MrGeneric’s screenshot.)

Looks like I’m reading last week’s chapter right now, then the latest chapter Friday!

Edit: Last week’s reading is complete!

As for this upcoming week, I'm having that déjà vu feeling again...

7 Likes

this was so cute… though I am disappointed he drew such a pic…she must have been a little sad…

6 Likes

Considering I’ve been waiting since reading the Yukari version to see it, I hope I won’t be disappointed. (Yukari version does show the drawing Takagi did.)

5 Likes

would have been super funny if she had drawn

him doing push ups
watching one sided love anime
his face when she surprised him with the snake while biking (photo contest)

so many things to have drawn and she chose that… so adorable…can tell she’s in love

5 Likes

And I indeed was not disappointed!

All right, Yukari comparison time.

A panel from Takagi page 2 appears on Yukari page 8.

Mano and Nakai appear for one panel.

But they don’t get the great dialogue seen in Takagi’s version.

Alternate angles of the teacher.

Takagi page 9 lines up with Yukari pages 12 and 13.

Takagi page 13 and Yuakri page 13.

I’ve waited a long time to find out what he was laughing about!

Takagi page 15 and Yuakri page 14.

And to finish:

Stand-out panels you won't see if you're not reading Yukari volume 4.

Sanae’s (となり):

Yukari’s (となり) view:

Mina’s first rendition:

Sanae’s work:

「ふふっ。」

Undoubtedly happening between those two:

Yukari’s masterpiece:

You and Yukari might be kindred spirits. From her imagination...

6 Likes

i have CD Japan coupons and points and yen is weak…i should just breakdown and order the other series already!!! (maybe later this weekend)

@ChristopherFritz throw me an isbn no or something :wink: this author makes so many different series!

5 Likes

I do recommend looking at previews if you haven’t yet. Just in case.

Here’s the ISBN of the first volume of each series with Yukari’s group:

Tomorrow is Saturday volume 1:

• ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 4091266592
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-4091266590

(These are very short stories. Five pages each.)

Yukari volume 1:

• ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 4091281877
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-4091281876

(These are the same length stories as the Takagi stories.)

5 Likes

browsing around a bit…

off topic

This author has written so many things…run across this one
Might end up adding this one also … though not sure but I like this artist and their stories so far…
Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ふだつきのキョーコちゃん

Fudatsuki Kenji is known in school for two things: for being a delinquent and for having a sister complex. He constantly follows his sister Kyoko around, fixing her giant ribbon and chasing off any boys who might be interested in her. However, the truth is much stranger than people believe. He actually doesn’t have a crush on his sister-- in fact, he likes Hibino, the only girl in class who isn’t afraid of him.

The problem is that his sister is literally a monster. She’s a jiangshi (vampire), who is much stronger than an ordinary person and who needs a certain amount of blood from Kenji each day. Her ribbon keeps her in check, but if it comes off, she instinctively attacks the nearest person. Her ribbon also has a huge affect on her personality. With the ribbon, she’s irritable and sharp-tempered, but without it, she’s extremely sweet and apologetic (while she attacks). Will Kenji be able to keep his sister from hurting anyone, and maybe find some way to overcome his sister-complex reputation enough to have a chance with Hibino?

done… and then some…but even with shipping 21 vol of manga… only 6.50 each …so not horrible … must stop shopping :upside_down_face:

5 Likes
Off topic

Although I haven’t checked it out yet, I initially avoided キョーコちゃん because I thought it was an expansion of a one-off story the author did. However, in the one-off, it involves a boy who has a vampire girl move in next door, and rather than a ribbon it’s a scarf. Same moods for the girl. Probably the one-off inspired and developed into the series.

I should check out a couple of previews of キョーコちゃん sometime to see how I feel about the series.

As for one-offs, the strangest one by this author involves this character that everyone sees as a cat, except for the main character. The main character has to work at keeping his big sis and the girl from class he likes from fawning over the “cat”.

It's...weird.

I’m not recommending the series of shorts, but if anyone’s interested:

恋文 -山本崇一朗短編集-

• ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 4091281168
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-4091281166
5 Likes