Teasing Master Takagi-san 😝 ・ Volume 6 Discussion Thread [Volume Complete!]

love you and my wallet h8s you but it’s ok realized there were 3 vols of something else that I could add to the order…cdjapan is quite the enabler! but still came out to about 6.50 each vol with the extra 4 things…so all good :smiley:

stop posting ISBNs hehe

4 Likes
Masterpieces of the highest caliber (I laughed pretty hard when I saw the first one sneaking in)

6 Likes
off topic haul from cdjapan.....

came pretty fast especially since I just ordered all this stuff…

realized I was behind 3 vols… so might as well add to the order…

expecting these will line out with the vols of equivalent covers :slight_smile:

now the real problem begins…when to find time to read everything :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

You’ll have to mention sometime what you think of キョーコちゃん (at least relative to other series by the author) once you’ve had a chance to get into it. (If not here, there’s always dropping by my study log.)

I’ve also looked into the ninja-looking one (just the free preview of volume one), but it didn’t look interesting to me and it lacks furigana. But likewise, I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on it!

4 Likes

I second wanting to know about @shuly’s opinion on the ninja series. I’ve had my eye on it for a little while! (Not…that I need anything more to read. I have been really bad at collecting a million things to read that it’ll take me a while to get to).

Anyway! Hope everybody has had a great week! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

6 Likes

have a very very similar problem… coupons / points / sales… credit card with no int fees…
adulting is fun hahaha

Don’t know when I’ll get to it…might be a long time :wink:

4 Likes

@MrGeneric @ChristopherFritz since you both asked…

also I see furigana as well as the individual chapter page nos… :wink:

haven't really looked at it but a couple of pages

ふだつぎのキョーコちゃん

the first few pages from クノーツバキの胸の内

5 Likes

Interesting. I thought for certain this one didn’t have furigana. I specifically recall thinking how odd it was that this was the one series by this author that didn’t have it. How odd that I got that wrong!

4 Likes

could be another printing or electronic version difference also… who knows :wink: might not have been wrong

3 Likes

As for the series at hand, no Yukari crossover for this one.

It’s nice to see Takagi in a supportive friend role.

Such as...

I find that Takagi has a lot more faith in Nakai’s awareness than I do here.

Familar expressions.

image image

Hit by different things:

7 Likes

been so busy didn’t get to read all this until today…vocab populated

makes me wanna read ahead haha (but there are so many things to read … :upside_down_face: )

6 Likes

some cute off topic…if you haven’t bought the 元 series yet :wink:

liked this scene…would have to go back but seems it’s drawn from a slightly different perspective than previously :slight_smile:

5 Likes
My favorite moment this week

After Takagi-san was gently teasing Mano-chan with this statement, Mano-chan getting the chance to respond back was great. It also just made me smile a bit. I agree with @ChristopherFritz that it was really nice seeing Takagi-san in a supportive friend role. I definitely enjoy when the series strays a little bit and gives us some more background setting/info instead of being purely focused on the antics of Nishikata and Takagi-san alone. (Though of course, that’s always great fun too!)

7 Likes

I think this describes why I enjoyed the Yukari series (as well as Tomorrow is Saturday).

While it doesn’t really show Takagi and Nishikata much beyond scenes from the Takagi series, these other series feel more like a slice of life series where we see various interactions between characters.

(I’m still waiting to see if the gym scene and the park scene from Yukari originated in Takagi.)

6 Likes

That was my favorite part too! I can’t wait to see what happens next week :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I also enjoyed seeing more of Takagi interacting with people other than Nishikata.
Also, I think Mano is a really sweet character, so I’m always happy to see more of her too :slight_smile:

This was a cute chapter, I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next!

7 Likes
Fav moment

I love how it’s obvious she’s looking forward to spending time with nishikata even if she says it’s about making fun of him later

6 Likes

As of this week, we are already almost halfway through the volume! How time flies, eh? I look forward to continuing our adventures in the water park! :grin:

Are you planning on reading with us this week?
  • I will be reading along!
  • I’ve already read it!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

4 Likes

Just finished the chapter… interesting and had a little trouble in the middle…

Figured it out now but Page 8

When his head starts spinning …sometimes it throws me off too haha
Also this word ツレション had some trouble finding but figured it out and it’s in the vocab list

Thoughts.,,,, and spoilers

Find it funny how the both of them can clearly see the other couple but can’t perceive their own… love is blind as they say :slight_smile:

He’s slowly learning (or being trained lol)

6 Likes

Seems it’s from ()小便(しょうべん), which makes sense once you know the two words this compound word joins together.

6 Likes